Company: Pacific Building Group
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The PBG project engineer assists with overall project planning
and scheduling, resource allocation, while providing technical
direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The
project engineer responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering
areas such as: Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management,
Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety
Management.Responsibilities and Duties
- Create, maintain and administer project documentation such as
subcontracts, requests for information, submittals, etc.
- May create and update the Master project schedule and review
look-ahead schedules created by the superintendents.
- Manage and support the field supervisors and field activities.
--- Assist with completion of the permitting process as required
for each specific project along with confirming compliance with all
- Review submittals for accuracy, conformance to project
specifications, coordination with related trades and
- Creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, health
- Managing and coordinating the work to ensure that it is
constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent
with the standard-of-care set forth in the contract documents that
is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with
- Manage and look-ahead no less than two weeks to proactively
identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitate
- Ensuring all aspects of the projects are compliant with all
contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and
the community in which the project(s) takes place.
- Administering client specific programs, such as Landlord/Site
Rules and Regulations, Safety, Site Specific Security, etc.
- Managing changes in project scope and implementing document
controls to ensure that the most recent documents are being used at
all times to prevent avoidable rework.
- Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure
- Facilitate coordinate and scheduling with supporting work
groups, such as the clients internal IS department, vendors,
- Complete project schedules for proposals, review estimates,
assist in creating proposals, participate in interviews, etc.
- Engaged in marketing and obtaining projects
- Other duties may be assigned as need to support the goals of
the company.Minimum Qualifications
- A degree in Construction Management, Architectural, Engineering
or related field
- 1+ years experience as a Project Engineer
- A demonstrated understanding of construction means and methods
associated with the renovation and construction of commercial and
institutional buildings and site work related thereto
- Proficiency with MS Office, Projects Adobe and other related
software required to create required documentation. The ability to
use Primavera P6, Timberline, Prolog, Procore and similar software
is also beneficialBenefits and PerksPBG offers a competitive
benefits package to full time employees including:100% paid
medical, dental, and life insurance for employee
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time (1 week)
- 401k with generous discretionary match
- Continuous training and education opportunitiesPowered by
Keywords: Pacific Building Group, San Diego , Project Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...