Manager Site Reliability Engineering
Company: PlayStation Global
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 26, 2023
s a Site Reliability Manager and engineering leader within the
Account & Identity services domain, you will lead team and take
ownership for keeping key user experiences on the platform
available, resilient, performant, and secure, while continually
enabling our engineering teams to efficiently deliver new and
engaging products and adopt new tools and technology.
You will collaborate across engineering and operations teams, and
leaders to lead and platform wide standardization and technical
initiatives, proactively identify and drive improvements in people,
process, and technology that enable our teams to deliver, run and
operate their services, champion a culture of continuous
improvement and operational excellence, and provide amazing
customer experiences for millions of users. You should have a
strong technical ability, demonstrated interpersonal skills with
the ability to guide and inspire your team to achieve outstanding
results in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead a team of site reliability engineers (SREs), provide for
and support critical applications and services supporting our
platform and be directly responsible for maintaining PlayStation's
stellar uptime record.
- Responsible for end-to-end availability and reliability of
critical PSN experiences such as sign-in, account, and game play -
provide our customers & players with always-available,
high-performing, amazing, and secure Play experiences.
- Continually refine and improve existing processes through
structured decision making and collaborative execution.
- Drive adoption of industry standard methodologies and practices
for Infrastructure as Code, deployment, observability, load &
resiliency testing, and reliability.
- Reduce toil and enable teams to operate and run their services
thru automation and tooling.
- Define and maintain standards for Reliability, Availability,
Serviceability (RAS) for onboarding of new features, products, and
- Lead by example, care for your team, and establish credibility
with the quality of your team's technical and operational
- Lead day-to-day team activities using the Agile/Scrum
- Support and scheduling on-call rotations.
- Proven track record of leading successful engineering
- Breadth and depth of experience building and running
sophisticated software systems and highly scalable/available
- 2+ years in a technical leadership or engineering manager
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present technical information in a clear and concise
manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- 5 years of work experience in a technical leadership role with
a minimum of 1+ years in SRE/DevOps.
- Hands-on experience in triaging and tuning Java cloud
applications with integration into AWS managed services.
- Knowledge of Linux, Scripting, automation, Cloud,
infrastructure, and application monitoring tools (Prometheus,
Datadog, Dynatrace); previous exposure to Kubernetes, EKS, or
similar container orchestration systems.
- Experience in deploying, operating, and running services in AWS
or other cloud environments.
- Experience with distributed systems / micro service
Keywords: PlayStation Global, San Diego , Manager Site Reliability Engineering, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...