Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Mechanical Engineer Needed For Innovative and Growing Space
Camera Engineering CompanyThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Billy
SurchAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button
and sending us your resume.Salary: $120,000 - $130,000 per yearA
bit about us:Established in 1990, We design, build, and operate
space camera systems for government and commercial aerospace
customers.Why join us?
- Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous PTO, vacation, sick, and holidays
- Life Insurance coverage
- 401 (K) with generous company matchJob Details
- Takes full ownership of the mechanical development of top-level
flight hardware, beginning withpreliminary design and proceeding
through analysis, fabrication, assembly, integration, and test.
- Develops CAD models using SolidWorks, integrating subcontractor
CAD models of subassemblycomponents, such as optics/mechanisms,
with electronics and other mission-specific componentslike thermal
hardware, dynamic isolators, or stray-light mitigation baffles.
- Designs thermal systems (in coordination with electronics
designers) that meet requirements inplanetary orbital and/or
- Performs tolerance analysis for components and assemblies,
ensuring components fit underworst-case conditions and customer
requirements for optical alignment and mechanical interfacesare
- Drafts machined-part fabrication, assembly, and interface
control drawings per MSSSconventions using Geometric Dimensioning
- Designs the necessary fixtures and tooling to assemble and test
hardware, working withtechnicians to determine needs and areas for
improvement.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking
the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, San Diego , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!