Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Be part of an exciting, well-funded startup changing the world of
retail and beyond. RADAR's mission is to revolutionize customer
experience in retail through precise identification of inventory in
the stores and distribution centers, completely transforming the
in-store experience for employees and customers alike. RADAR's
proprietary hardware and software platform combines RFID, Computer
Vision and AI to provide hyper-precise, real-time location of every
product and person in physical stores. This unprecedented
capability enables some of the world's top retailers to automate
in-store inventory management, analytics, and checkout...and this
is just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish together.
About the Job
We are seeking a Data Engineer to join the cloud software team at
RADAR. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to design,
implement, and maintain our data infrastructure on the Google Cloud
Platform (GCP). We are specifically looking for a multi-faceted
individual with excellent analytical, problem-solving,
organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Knowledge
of networking, RFID, WIFI, and other protocols would be highly
The mission of the cloud team at RADAR is to establish the
foundation of the cloud infrastructure, develop cloud services, and
ensure simple and fast deployment to production. This encompasses
large-scale system design, networking, security, configuration,
automatic VM orchestration, and more. Working closely with
cross-functional teams, including data scientists, analysts, and
software engineers, you will contribute to the efficient
collection, storage, and processing of large volumes of data.
- Design, develop, and deploy scalable and reliable data
pipelines on GCP to extract, transform, and load (ETL) large
volumes of structured and unstructured data.
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to understand
data requirements and implement solutions for data collection,
ingestion, and processing.
- Develop and maintain data models and schemas to support
efficient data storage and retrieval.
- Implement data governance and security measures to ensure data
privacy, compliance, and integrity.
- Optimize data pipelines and workflows for performance,
reliability, and cost-efficiency.
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipelines, identifying and
resolving issues or bottlenecks to ensure data quality and
- Work closely with DevOps and infrastructure teams to manage
cloud resources, implement automation, and improve system
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in GCP
services and data engineering technologies, making recommendations
for process improvements and tool adoption.
- Document data engineering processes, procedures, and standards
for knowledge sharing and future reference.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business
requirements and provide technical expertise in data-related
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong experience in data engineering, including designing and
implementing data pipelines, ETL processes, and data
- Proficiency in GCP services such as BigQuery, Dataflow,
Pub/Sub, DataProc, Data Catalog, and Cloud Storage.
- Experience with programming languages commonly used in data
engineering, such as Python, Java, or Scala.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with relational databases, as
well as NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with data modeling concepts and data warehousing
- Solid understanding of cloud computing concepts, microservices
architecture, and containerization (e.g., Docker,
- Experience with version control systems and CI/CD
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability
to troubleshoot complex data engineering issues.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work
effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Google Cloud Certifications in Data Engineering or related
areas is a plus.
- Experience with streaming data processing frameworks like
Apache Kafka, Apache Beam, or Apache Flink.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and
- Knowledge of data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Looker,
or Data Studio.
Research has shown that women & underrepresented minorities are
more likely to read lists of requirements and consider themselves
unqualified if they don't meet every single one. This list
represents what we're ideally looking for, but everyone has unique
strengths & weaknesses, and we hire for strength & potential, not
lack of weakness.
What We're Looking For In Teammates -
Technology like what we're building doesn't happen on its own. It
is the result of a collaborative environment and the hard work of
passionate, dedicated individuals working intelligently towards a
common goal. We are looking for exceptional people to join our
growing team and have a positive impact on our culture, technology,
and product from day one. We deeply value humility, curiosity, and
a positive attitude and you should as well. You should also believe
that mutual respect is the foundation of any healthy and productive
relationship. You should be unafraid to ask questions or challenge
responses no matter how simple or complex. Most importantly, you
should value honest and direct communication as you recognize that
this is the best way for any individual or team to continuously
learn and grow. Accomplishing our collective goals will be fun but
it will also be hard; you should be in pursuit of an ongoing and
What It's Like To Work With Us
We're passionate about the technology we've created and what we're
building, but we know that changing any industry and creating a
successful company will take balance, maturity, and a sustained
effort. We've combined retail industry expertise, amazing engineers
with experience shipping real-world hardware and software
solutions, and a team of brilliant minds who are not afraid to
focus on solving "impossible" problems. But this passion doesn't
mean we live unbalanced lives. We have families and passions
outside of work, and we know that the best work comes from sharp,
rested people. We respect each other and each of our contributions,
and we believe that the best solutions will come from a diversity
of ideas and perspectives.
Finally, we build our products with deep empathy for the people who
will use them every day. Their input and insights are our clearest
guide to building what they need; we respect our partners and
clients, and listen closely to their feedback.
Keywords: Goradar, San Diego , Data Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!