Senior Discipline Fire Protection Engineer (12+ yrs)
Company: Coffman Engineers, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Senior Discipline Fire Protection Engineer (12+ yrs)
- Full-timeAt Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime
consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small,
including commercial, retail, institutional, government,
industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in
1979, we have employees in more than 20 locations serving clients
across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we
can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical,
electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as
project/construction managers and professionals in a variety of
specialty services. This ability has made us a leader in the
engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our
reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to
work.The right team is more than an advantage, it's a game changer!
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, dynamic, innovative, and
quality-oriented Senior Discipline Fire Protection Engineer (12+
years) to join our team of professionals!Coffman Engineers is
seeking an engineer who is passionate about their craft, wants to
work on a high-functioning team, and is looking for an environment
that promotes professional growth. The successful candidate will be
enthusiastic, have a desire to work and grow with a
multi-discipline engineering team, and be willing to have fun.You
would be providing our clients with smoke control analysis and
special inspection, fire resistant construction analysis, automatic
suppression system design, fire detection, alarm and mass
notification system design, life-safety code analysis, egress
analysis, as well as general fire protection and life safety
concepts and research. Will plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate
detailed phases of the professional work as part of a major project
or for a total project of moderate scope. Will supervise or
coordinate the work of other professionals who assist in specific
assignments.Duties and Skills:
- Pursue new business opportunities with existing and new
clients, including introducing existing clients to Coffman. Utilize
client connections and relationships to cross-sell other
disciplines to aid in Coffman's diversification and growth.
- Possess project management skills for managing internal
projects as well as external client needs, managing multiple
concurrent projects, leading design team efforts, managing budgets
and financial management, and successful project delivery.
- Manage profitability of projects and maintain working
relationships with clients.
- Provide fire protection consulting engineering services to a
variety of potential clients, including but not limited
toarchitects, developers, owners, government, and insurers.
- Provide fire and life safety code consulting for relevant
CBC/ICC (IBC, IFC, IMC) codes and NFPA standards.
- Perform site visits and communicate with AHJ, architects,
contractors, and consulting teams.
- Participate in and lead internal team meetings and external
- Presentdesign approaches to authorities having
- Collaborate with multiple teamsacross multiple offices in a
- Perform research and documentation for internal and external
- Attend and participate in local and national trade
organizations, such as SFPE and NFPA.
- Provide mentorship to junior engineering staff. Mentor and
train other less experienced engineers within Coffman to pass along
knowledge to them and become a resource to advance their
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from accredited college or university
in Fire Protection Engineering, Fire Sciences, or related
- NICET level III / IV, or PE.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in the fire protection
- Travel is required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including
oral presentation skills.Expected Salary Range: $130,000.00 to
$140,000.00.This position is not eligible for sponsorship.Why You
Want To Work HereCoffman Engineers is a company that truly focuses
on its employees. We support and encourage individually tailored
professional and technical advancement as well as personal growth.
We offer an excellent salary/benefits package, a desirable
location, and a professional office environment with the
opportunity to work with a collaborative team. Our office provides
several engineering discipline services, which work together
collaboratively to provide complete engineering design
packages.Coffman offers a flexible PTO program, a fun office
environment with a high-performing young team and a fully stocked
kitchen! Our San Diego office is located in Mission Valley, walking
distance from Fashion Valley Mall, and only a 15-minute drive from
the Gaslamp Quarter and the beach! We welcome the dedicated and the
driven. Join us.Don't take our word for it. Check out what others
- 650+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas
from more than 20 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control,
commissioning and project/construction management
- #157 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2022
- #1 Top Workplace (Small), The San Diego Union-Tribune,
- #4 Best Places to Work (Large), San Diego Business Journal,
- #8 "The List" for Engineering Firms, San Diego Business
Journal, 2021ApplyingYou must apply online for this position. If
you are unable to complete our online application process, or if
you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a
reasonable accommodation.If you are experiencing problems applying
through our system, please try again using a different browser or
an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work,
please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal
Opportunityand Affirmative Action Employer of
Keywords: Coffman Engineers, Inc., San Diego , Senior Discipline Fire Protection Engineer (12+ yrs), Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!