Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 18, 2023
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play - it's also the Best
Place to Work. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in
entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and
services including PlayStation -5, PlayStation -4, PlayStation -VR,
PlayStation -Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from
PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that
empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage
everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation,
technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our
growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a member of the technical operations SRE team within the
Accounts & Identity group, you will carry the responsibility of
keeping services and applications on the platform available,
resilient, and secure while continually enabling our feature teams
to deliver exciting features and experiences to our millions of
users worldwide. You will drive, and lead technical initiatives,
identify and contribute towards process and technology improvements
amplifying experiences for players, operators, and content
- Support application delivery and operations of internal and
public-facing services within AWS cloud environment, ensuring
availability, resiliency, scalability, and performance.
- Facilitate delivery and releases of new services and features
to customers while ensuring operational readiness.
- Pursue operational improvements and toil reduction thru
automation and tooling.
- Improve observability on our platform by implementing robust
monitoring and alerting patterns. Develop rich, informative
dashboards / reports on applications and services that provide
relevant insights and meaningful alerting to reduce MTTD and
- Collaborate with development, platform and security to inspire,
implement, and deliver end-to-end system performance, resiliency
and security across all services and tools within the
- Evaluate hosting resource usage and spend and optimize by
applying standard methodologies, patterns and technologies such as
spot instances and auto-scaling.
- Participate in rotational on-call support to triage, resolve
production incidents and conduct root cause analysis to identify
and drive improvements.
- Build, deploy, operate and support services at scale
- PASSIONATE(!) desire to automate and improve everything
including process improvements, standardizing tools and
- Excellent problem solving skills that span user experience,
system, infrastructure, and networking (TCP/IP).
- Drive operational and infrastructure requirements that promote
availability, reliability, performance, and security at global
- Customer and peer relationship focused with strong
interpersonal and communication skills, inspire change across teams
and mentor others.
- Operating distributed, critical customer-facing services or
applications in production at a global scale.
- In depth understanding of Unix/Linux systems internals and
- Source code management tools (GitHub preferred)
- Software development experience in one or more of following:
Python, Go, Node.js, Java.
- Building and deploying Infrastructure as Code:
- Building continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD)
pipelines in Jenkins or similar
- Operating and running Web Application/APIs in AWS cloud
infrastructure including managed services such as Lambda, RDS,
DynamoDB and Elasticache.
- AWS systems and network protocols (ie: ALB, R53, API-Gateway,
TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS)
- Delivering production content using CDN technologies (Akamai,
- Container technologies and orchestration (ie: Docker,
- Application monitoring tools: DataDog, CloudWatch, Splunk,
- Data Reporting & Analytics: SQL, MySQL, Oracle.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related
- 7+ years professional experience
- 2+ years AWS Cloud - deploying, tuning and operating Web/API
services at scale.
#LI-TP1 Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more
information about how we process your personal information, and
your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base
pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the
market and geographic location.Please note that the base pay range
may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base
pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may
include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition,
this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that
includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off,
wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products.
This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed
below.$148,600-$223,000 USDEqual Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive
consideration for employment without regard to gender (including
gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race
(including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin),
religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status,
disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade
union membership or membership in any other legally protected
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and
embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records will be considered for
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, San Diego , Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!