Senior Data Engineer II
Company: Biological Dynamics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Biological Dynamics, Inc. is a biotechnology company committed
to improving global health outcomes by detecting disease in its
earliest stages. Our proprietary Verita--- platform simplifies
access to biomarkers, nanoparticles, and nucleic acids, enabling
differentiated multiomics applications. We are applying our
proprietary methods with machine learning to detect early-stage
cancer and other diseases. For more information, please visit
Our talented staff thrive in an open working environment where
curiosity, insights and vision are part of the equation. With an
inclusive culture and comprehensive benefits package, we offer a
terrific opportunity to discover, learn and grow. If you are ready
to be inspired, challenged, and want to join a dynamic team where
you can contribute to developing a revolutionary new way to
understand diseases and save lives, you have come to the right
Biological Dynamics is seeking a Senior Data Engineer II to work
hybrid in San Diego, Ca. The Senior Data Engineer will play a
crucial role in designing, building, and maintaining data
infrastructure and pipelines that support our vision statement - "A
world where illness is never diagnosed too late." The Senior Data
Engineer will take responsibility for Biological Dynamic's Extract
Transform Load (ETL) process, transitioning raw measurement results
to scalable pipelines, datasets, and cloud infrastructure. As the
primary interface for Biological Dynamics' datasets, this position
will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure data
availability, reliability, and scalability, enabling data-driven
decision-making and innovation within the organization.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable data
pipelines that collect, process, and store data from various
sources, including medical devices and diagnostics tools in a
- Integrate disparate data sources, both structured and
unstructured, to create a unified and comprehensive data repository
for analysis and reporting.
- Implement data quality checks and validation processes to
ensure the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of data.
- Optimize data pipelines and infrastructure for maximum
performance and efficiency, ensuring minimal latency in data
- Work closely with data scientists, analysts, and other
stakeholders to understand their data requirements and provide data
engineering support for analytical and machine learning
- Proactively monitor data pipelines and infrastructure for
issues, troubleshoot and resolve data-related problems, and perform
routine maintenance tasks.
- Create and maintain documentation for data pipelines,
infrastructure, and processes to facilitate knowledge sharing and
onboarding of new team members.
- Keep up to date with industry best practices, emerging
technologies, and trends in data engineering and healthcare
- Design and implement data pipelines using Azure Cloud Services
and Python. Build scalable data warehouses using Azure Cloud
- Design and build robust data models for various cases such as
reporting, API, or web applications.
- Maintain and improve existing data pipeline processes,
services, and web applications (Django).
- Proactively contribute to a high level of understanding of
product requirements, industry needs, and patent applications.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
and a Bachelor's and/or at least 6 years and a related Master's
degree in a scientific/engineering discipline, or a PhD and at
least 4 years, equivalent combination of education and
- 5+ years of experience developing API services using
Python/Azure Cloud Services.
- 5+ years of experience utilizing Apache Spark (Pyspark) and
- Must be knowledgeable in Python and Python packages - pandas,
- Must be proficient with Python and SQL (can solve easy and
medium difficulty Leetcode problems).
- Strong experience with data warehousing, ETL processes, and
- Familiarity with industry compliance regulations, including
HIPAA and FDA, is highly preferred.
- Must be well versed in container services such as Azure
- Must be knowledgeable in other technology stocks such as web
The estimated base salary range for this role is: $140,000 -
$160,000 annually. Compensation decisions are dependent on several
factors including, but not limited to, an individual's
qualifications, location where the role is to be performed,
internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Biological Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not
discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color,
religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military
service and veteran status, physical or mental disability,
protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local
law (such as cancer), genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws
Keywords: Biological Dynamics, San Diego , Senior Data Engineer II, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!