Afloat Network Engineer Senior
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 9, 2024
OverviewWorking across the globe, V2X builds smart solutions
designed to integrate physical and digital infrastructure from base
to battlefield. We bring 120 years of successful mission support to
improve security, streamline logistics, and enhance readiness.
Aligned around a shared purpose, our $3.9B company and 16,000
people work alongside our clients, here and abroad, to tackle their
most complex challenges with integrity, respect, responsibility,
and professionalism.Act as senior technical advisor to Carrier
Strike Group/Amphibious Ready Group staff N6. Support the ship and
staff during installation, testing and problem isolation of C4ISR
systems, and support ships while embarked during deployment.
Provide end-to-end technical support for C4ISR, RF, and IT systems;
assist CSG/ESG and other staffs with speed-to-capability technology
insertions; provide feedback to COMNAVWAR/PEO C4I/PEO EIS on system
performance, design and logistics issues. Responsibilities
- Act as Senior Technical Advisor to Strike Group Staff N6,
provide assist in troubleshooting C4ISR issues and make
recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment
- Works with shipboard technicians, ship and staff officers,
In-Service Engineering Activity (ISEA), Regional Maintenance
Centers (RMC), installation engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate
staff, and others as required to ensure required end-to-end
connectivity to satisfy fleet C4ISR requirements.
- Documents issues and resolution of issues using INTELSHARE FSET
Status Reports and after action reports. Provides reports to Fleet
Readiness Directorate as directed.
- Provides OJT on systems for shipboard and shore technicians.
May be required to mentor civilian/government technicians.
- Assist shipboard technicians in preparation of systems for
inspections. Assist with System Operation and Verification Testing
- Candidate must be capable of working independently with little
or no supervision in a high operations tempo environment, and be
willing to work a flexible schedule, including shipboard
deployments of 8-12 weeks and overseas travel. Premium pay will be
paid for underway periods. Other than normal working hours may be
- Minimum Qualification:
- BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree)
or 8+ years technical experience in related discipline
- 6+ years of experience with DoD enterprise or Navy networks.
Fleet experience highly desired.
- 6+ years of experience in troubleshooting networks and
operating system issues across multiple systems.
- Preferred Certifications:
- IAT2 certifications required for IA (Security+ CE or
equivalent) required. IAT2 for OS highly desired
- Windows Server, CISCO and VMWare training/certifications highly
- Must be able to troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity, for IT
and RF communications systems, involving multiple sites and
- Must be able to provide OJT to technical personnel
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret technical
documentation, schematics, SOPs, and other documents relating to
the operation and configuration of Navy C4I Systems
- Must be able to communicate well both orally and in
- Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy officials and
- Secret Clearance required. Clearance will depend on
- California Salary Range:
- $80,000 - 112,065.20
- The salary range provided is intended to display the value of
the company's base pay compensation for locations in the state of
California.We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace
that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This
commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity,
Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences,
encourage innovation and expand our success in the global
marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, protected veteran status or status as an
individual with a disability.
Keywords: Vectrus, San Diego , Afloat Network Engineer Senior, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!