Lead Building Engineer
Company: ABM Industries, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Position Summary Details
Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and install HVAC and related
equipment as assigned. Assume day to day coordination of specific
agreements or projects as assigned to ensure contractual
commitments are met in a timely, cost effective manner
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this
position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant's
experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment
with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about
ABM's benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits - Front Line Team
Members (Programa de beneficios de).
401(k) - You become eligible to make personal contributions
beginning the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
You become eligible for the ABM match beginning the first of the
month following six months of employment. ABM matches your pre-tax
and/or Roth contributions, dollar for dollar, for the first 3%. For
the next 2%, ABM contributes $0.50 for each dollar you contribute.
Your contributions and match are immediately vested.
- Provides supervision and is responsible for the implementation
of all preventive maintenance and repair operations at the
- Schedules emergency repair activities according to priority and
the abilities of assigned personnel.
- Provides technical advice, encouragement and instruction to
subordinates in such areas as electric theory, mechanical systems,
hydraulic systems, and safety procedures.
- Perform equipment inspections, noting equipment condition,
ensuring that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance
with AES standards.
- Responsible for the implementation of the quality assurance
program for all work performed by the department.
- Directs or participates in various facility programs and
committees relating to assigned responsibilities such as safety,
disaster, fire, pollution control and civil defense.
- Formulates, recommends and implements site specific policies
and procedures to improve the facility physical plant and
- Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment
items and provides assistance in formulating long-range equipment
replacement requirements and coordinates actions with
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating and
extraordinary expense budgets as required.
- Plans and schedules services of department. ---Establishes
standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and
quantity of performance and evaluates results.
- Establishes plans for improving departmental work emphasizing
efficiency and economy.
- Communicates policies and procedures, discusses job problems,
and employee concerns with supervisors and employees.
- Encourages development of habits and attitudes for improved
performance and good employee attitudes.
- Direct, train, evaluate, and counsel all engineering
- Ensures that general safety, fire prevention regulations are
enforced, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the
- Ensures that all shop equipment is properly maintained and
conforms to safety standards.
- Promotes good housekeeping principles and supervises
- Responsible for ensuring that the building systems are operated
in the most efficient and effective manner especially as it relates
to utility consumption and environmental responsibility.
- Implement a systematic program to promote energy awareness and
conservation within the facility.
- Champion energy conservation programs to achieve maximum
results from tenants and staff.
- Maintains an on-going self-improvement program to keep abreast
of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance
- Provides engineering support for a wide range of systems,
maintenance programs, engines as well as operational engineering
- Must be able to understand, analyze and seek solutions to the
design, operation, maintenance, performance or repair of
vehicles/equipment and their components
- Should be able to logically approach problem solving, define a
maintenance program or configuration and ensure a safe and legal
- Reviews Service Bulletins (SBs) from manufacture or component
- Develops solutions and implementation plans , project
justification, cost/benefit analysis, and overall management of
project implementation and coordinate warranty recovery on SBs that
- Organizes and manages the priorities for assigned
responsibilities and accomplishes the work process to meet all
deliverable for projects as well as maintenance program changes and
technical specification revisions
- Coordinates work with other operational groups to ensure
safety, regulatory compliance, operational reliability and
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for
the position of Lead Engineer
- 3 to 4 years progressive operations experience in commercial
- As required, relevant state/local license for Stationary
Engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery
license and boiler license
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal
- Strong employee relations, coaching and training skill
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is one of the world's largest providers of facility
services and solutions. A driving force for a cleaner, healthier,
and more sustainable world, ABM provides essential services and
forward-looking performance solutions that improve the spaces and
places that matter most. From curbside to rooftop, ABM's
comprehensive services include janitorial, engineering, parking,
electrical and lighting, energy and electric vehicle charging
infrastructure, HVAC and mechanical, landscape and turf, and
mission critical solutions. ABM serves a wide range of industries -
from commercial office buildings to universities, airports,
hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and distribution
centers, entertainment venues and more. Founded in 1909, ABM serves
over 20,000 clients, with annualized revenue approaching $8 billion
and more than 100,000 team members in 350+ offices throughout the
United States, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, and other
international locations. For more information, visit
ABM is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer qualified
applicants without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran or any other protected factor under
federal, state, or local law. ABM is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in
completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We
will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your
request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
ABM participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
E-Verify program. E-Verify is an internet-based system used to
electronically confirm employment eligibility.
ABM is a military-friendly company proudly employing thousands of
men and women who have served in the U.S. military. With ABM,
you'll have access to a world-class training program and ample
opportunities to use the skills you developed while serving our
country. Whether you're looking for a frontline or professional
position, you can find post-military career opportunities across
ABM directs all applicants to apply at www.abm.com ABM does not
accept unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: ABM Industries, Inc., San Diego , Lead Building Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!