Senior Structural Engineer
Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Senior Structural Engineer
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 72929BR Date posted 09/17/2018 City Chula Vista
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. Thats why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesnt shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
- Perform structural analysis in support of composite and metallic nacelle and aerostructure components using standard analysis methods and finite element approaches.
- Conduct design trades and final product configuration definitions considering safety, strength, weight, cost and producibility.
- Generate reports suitable for transmittal to an airworthiness authority and external customers.
- Work with both domestic and global engineering support teams on technical aspects of the stress analysis activities.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and events.
- Bachelor's degree with 4-7+ years experience or
- Master's degree with 2-5+ years experience or
- PhD degree with 0-2+ years experience.
- Strong background in aerospace structural analysis (classical hand analysis and finite element skills).
- Demonstrated understanding of structural load paths.
- General knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- NASTRAN/PATRAN or equivalent FEA software experience.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience using MS Office products.
- Ability to deliver high quality output in needed timeframes.
- Work well in team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Nacelle stress analysis.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- --- Experience working with international teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, San Diego , Senior Structural Engineer, Engineering , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!