Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
Company: Real Soft, Inc / Diversity Direct
Location: San Diego
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer; San Diego, CADuration: 6 Month initial engagement, with the possibility of extension
- Client is looking for DevOps Engineers to work in our Teradata IntelliCloud group.
- We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automating development and production environments, owning a service from front to back, and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment.
- In this role you will be center to helping design and operate environments that enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability.
- Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to designs of and independently operate highly available systems and software in large distributed Data Center and Hybrid Cloud environments.
- Build and deploy in a container-based environment, then manage, configure, and support
- Metric driven with focus on continual improvement
- Comfortable working with distributed teams
- Automation - identify opportunities to improve dev and/or ops through automation, and then automate to reduce manual tasks and improve productivity
- System and IT Operations
- Continuous deploymentsRequired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare or Openstack
- Extensive experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools, primarily Docker, Kubernetes
- Data Center hardware requirements gathering, design, and integration experience
- Configuration Management tools - Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or SaltStack
- Experience working in hybrid environment between data centers and AWS/Azure
- Strong code/scripting skills for IaaS automation
- Experience working with complex network topologies and hardware in a data center environment
- Monitoring/Alerting tools such as Data Dog, Nagios, Graphite, and APM tools
- Expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
- Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, AntBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant job experienceNotes:
- Specific skills and roles: Role was CAH IaaS offering, customer facing, virtual environment to host VM, bare metal, or container. Customers can host their apps with self-service capabilities.
- Plug into management console by customers. Platform will consume APIs to configure the environment.
- Allows customers to come into the environment to be close to Database.
- Made of compute, storage, network, with VMware now, container coming later which would be provisioned on top of bare metals.
- Virtualization is key inside a private cloud (our dc) so VMWare. Infrastructure automation.
- Need to have an infra background but with tendency to automate those environments.
- Need to understand compute/storage/network, don't need to be an expert in all 3 but know enough about them to get stuff done and/or ask for help where needed.
- CAH currently only in our DC, but will need to extend into public cloud so experience here is needed too. - provided by Dice Cloud, DevOps, Windows, Linux, VMWare, Openstack, container, Configuration Management, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack
Keywords: Real Soft, Inc / Diversity Direct, San Diego , Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!