Senior Project Engineer
Company: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
Location: San Diego
Posted on: December 9, 2018
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer located in San Diego, CA. This position will be responsible for the design, development, and fabrication of large superconducting magnetic assemblies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualizes and articulates innovative resolutions with research, development and manufacturing programs.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance to lead design teams and act as the primary interface to customer.
- Prepares status/progress reports and ensure compliance, reporting, and safety standards are maintained.
- Functions as a key participant in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as professional staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Travel Percentage Required
0% - 25%
Senior Project Engineer
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; fifteen or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, thirteen or more years of experience with a masters degree, or ten or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Expertise in super conducting magnetics.
- Experience in cryogenic materials and cryogenic systems.
- Advises or directs the activities of assigned project(s)/program (s) to achieve technical objectives.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as project and/or program leadership including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established project deadlines or milestones.
- Must posses the ability to contribute to the development of new concepts and principles; resolve unusually complex technical problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be a technical expert in one or more areas of engineering.
- Expertise in super conducting systems, cool down, test, magnetic field quality assessments clench and conditioning.
- Must possess the ability to guide the resolution of unusually complex technical problems, champion the development of new concepts and principles and serve as an expert spokesperson on those concepts and principles.
- Must also possess excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, be customer focused, and able to work on a self-initiated basis or in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance is required.
- U.S. citizenship required.
Keywords: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies, San Diego , Senior Project Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!