Manufacturing Technician 3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 15, 2019
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers
space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the
world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related
propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense
electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition;
satellites and associated space components and services; and
advanced aerospace structures.
Our San Diego office in currently in search of a Senior Composites
Assembler for our Missiles and Radomes department.
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Bond, prep and bonding of composite structures.
- Notate usage and out time controls on all adhesivematerials
- Report data and interface with other employees
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, andtape
measures for fabricating hardware.
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance
- 5+ years of experience with close-tolerance assemblywork (e.g.
electronics assembly, mechanical assembly, modeling)
- 5+ yearsof experience in a composites/manufacturingenvironment
(space/satellite structures, aerospace manufacturing environment
preferred) and/or specialized education past HS such as
anapplicable certification or AA degree.
- Superior Mechanical Ability.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highmotivation for
- Able to read, write and work to written
instructions,blueprints, or shop drawings in English.
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize.
- Experience or familiarity with ISO requirements,standards, and
- Standard computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office:Word and
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, San Diego , Manufacturing Technician 3, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!