Senior Build and Release Engineer-Embedded
Location: San Diego
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose
monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better
manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better
outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering
solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community
to take control of diabetes.
Functional Description: Technical Individual Contributor
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration
- Test implemented designs.
- Build and test automation tools.
- Handle code deployments in all environments and promoting
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve.
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of
- Manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Development tools
- Research industry standards and best practices with a focus on
security, stability, testability, scalability, simplicity, and
maintainability and propose opportunities for improvement when
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own an overall software build and release process
- Enhance existing practices to improve scalability and
- Extend build and release infrastructure to improve reliability
and reduce test times
- Collaborate with Verification, QA and Project Management teams
to prepare software releases
- Create software releases
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical
discipline, and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience or
Masters degree and 2-5 years equivalent industry experience or a
PhD and 0-2 years experience.
- Proficient with design, development and maintenance of
Continuous Integration systems
- Intimate knowledge of source code management strategies
- Experience with on-target test execution (e.g. ARM development
- Jira, Jenkins, Github, Artifactory
- Remote instrument control (e.g. oscilloscopes, multimeters,
- Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and
- Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for
application that may impact technical objectives.
- Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or
data requires an indepth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and
policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria
for obtaining results.
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work,
general instructions on new assignments.
- Up to 25%
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in
English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to
perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking,
sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms,
climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear,
taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following
environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving
parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne
particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions,
extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of
electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration.
The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to
Please note: The information contained herein is not intended to be
an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the
skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its
discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this
job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job
description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to
request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment
selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only
for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing
and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles,
applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not
accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do
not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom
employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible
for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Keywords: Dexcom, San Diego , Senior Build and Release Engineer-Embedded, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!