Associate Director, Global Product Management/Marketing
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 14, 2020
The Associate Director, Product Management/Marketing, Mid
Throughput Sequencing Platforms, is responsible for managing and
driving the upstream and downstream activities related to
Illumina's NextSeq portfolio, including NextSeq 550, NextSeq 550Dx
and the newly launched NextSeq 2000 and forthcoming NextSeq 1000.
This role will include building Illumina's product roadmap
strategy, prioritizing suggested activities, and driving efforts
aligned to the company strategy for the market. The role spans
responsibility for global product management and product marketing,
and interfaces closely with regional product marketing teams,
market segments, as well as corporate marketing. The person in this
role is responsible for rolling up the performance of the business
and progress of ongoing development projects to senior leadership.
The person in this role will directly manage a team of product
managers focused on on-market and developing products spanning both
regulated and non-regulated markets. The role will be working cross
functionally with different stakeholders internally to ensure that
strategies are aligned across groups and executed in-step with
- Manages and leads a group of product managers, both on-market
product and developing products, in all aspects of on market
support for products, as well as development programs for future
- Responsible for rolling up portfolio-level forecasts for sales
- Responsible to drive the growth expected in the product
portfolio, and tracking of relevant business metrics and leading
indicators of launch & product health
- Contribute to the long-term portfolio and market strategy
- Develops strategic plan for product roadmap for mid throughput
- Develops positioning statements and differentiation value in
collaboration with the team and functions across the
- Accountable for global coordination of new product
introductions, marketing activities and alignment to strategy in
collaboration with the product managers and segment leads.
- Liaison with Sales organization and supporting them in
interactions with existing and new customers in the field.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list,
of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to
individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Scientific Master's degree highly preferred; PhD preferred. MBA
not necessary but preferred.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 15
years of related experience, with 7+ years of Management experience
preferred. Typically has depth of technical knowledge in function
derived from experience in non-management and middle management
- Must have experience to market to academics, clinical
laboratories, and/or health care providers.
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to tie detailed
analysis to larger strategy;
- Must have demonstrated effective collaboration in matrixed or
highly cross-functional business settings;
- Must have demonstrated track record of delivering effective and
strategic marketing plans for products on market;
- Experience with NGS markets and/or diagnostics product lines is
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact,
and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed,
color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status,
age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or
veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you
require accommodation to complete the application or interview
process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more,
Keywords: Illumina, San Diego , Associate Director, Global Product Management/Marketing, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!