Staff Market Development Manager
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Staff Market Development Manager - Oncology Testing
lllumina's mission is to improve human health by unlocking the
power of the genome. As the established global leader in DNA
sequencing, our people and our technology change lives by driving
advancements in genomics. Oncology testing serves as one of
Illumina's largest, most important, and fastest growing
As a member of the oncology testing team within the Americas
region, this individual will be responsible for developing,
implementing, and actively managing strategies and tactics to help
establish the use of NGS in oncology testing
Successful candidates will combine strong understanding of genomics
and the oncology testing market with strategic analysis, business
acumen and leadership skills. An understanding of how new tests and
technologies get implemented into the practice of medicine is also
important. In this position, the candidate would have the
opportunity to collaborate across multi-disciplinary internal teams
and cultivate key external partnerships with major institutions,
key opinion leaders (KOLs), guideline bodies and others.
- Working with Marketing counterparts, perform detailed market
analyses to help develop marketing strategies.
- Build and manage close relationships with KOLs. Conceive and
execute strategies to identify, and influence key stakeholders such
as clinical thought leaders, industry and non-profit bodies.
- Generate evidence development. Partner with KOLs to design and
manage collaboration opportunities that support market development
goals. Present publication of impactful clinical and economic
evidence that form the cornerstone of efforts to impact
professional society guidelines, increase awareness among medical
professionals, and achieve supportive reimbursement policies.
- Stay current and report on scientific and clinical advances,
competitor activities, and market dynamics. Leverage and
communicate market information internally to best inform Illumina's
product development, regulatory and market entry strategies.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with product management, product marketing, regional and
global marketing teams, as well as senior management to develop and
implement market development strategies for the oncology testing
market in the Americas (or other markets as assigned/needed).
- Demonstrate an ability to organize projects and see them
through to completion. Enhance scientific understanding and align
company initiatives with Illumina's strategic position to promote
- Conduct expert panel programs.
- Create and present market analysis to key internal
stakeholders. Including but not limited to market sizing, key
drivers, competition, and entry strategies.
- Synthesize customer experiences and desires into new product
concepts in partnership with Product Marketing.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Background in life sciences or related science field
- MBA, MS, MD or Ph.D. is a plus
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- 8+ years' experience with genomics technologies or life
sciences products/applications. Understanding of US healthcare
system strongly preferred.
- Candidates with background and knowledge of oncology testing
and cancer research markets will be considered.
- Strong initiative, problem-solving ability and sense of
ownership when driving projects to completion. Outstanding
attention to detail, excellent organizational skills.
- Previous business strategy, business development, or strategic
marketing experience related to life sciences. Experience in
strategic consulting is preferred.
- Proven experience in a strategic role working collaboratively
and independently to drive results.
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels,
including previous experience in a highly matrixed organization
would be preferred. Ability to work with a large number of
individuals on a one-on-one basis.
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to network with
external customers. Fluency with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact,
and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed,
color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status,
age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or
veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you
require accommodation to complete the application or interview
process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more,
Keywords: Illumina, San Diego , Staff Market Development Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!