Edge Cloud AI Business, Operations and Ecosystems Manager
Company: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies GmbH
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Edge Cloud AI Business, Operations and Ecosystems Manager
Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:Sales, Business
Development & Marketing Group, Sales, Business Development &
Marketing Group > Business DevelopmentJob Overview: Qualcomm is
a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid
acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will
transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is
just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills,
backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into
world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age
- and this is where you come in. As a relatively new organization
within Qualcomm, the Edge Cloud AI business unit is standing up new
processes to address new-to-Qualcomm markets with a portfolio of
new AI acceleration products. As such, there is a desire for
thoughtful and through assessment, strategy, planning and execution
as new initiatives and processes are formed and implemented. The
successful candidate will have a proven background in the field of
Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Deep
Learning (DL) and will help to define and execute the strategy for
Qualcomm's Edge Cloud AI business, with the following focus:Promote
and execute Qualcomm's Edge Cloud AI initiatives in the areas of
managing global business operations, strategic business
development, Sales enablement, pipeline management, forecasting and
performance benchmark coordination.Work with ecosystem partners
which include OEM, ODM, SI, ISV and developers to establish
partnerships to assist the BU in executing its initiatives
leveraging a variety of vehicles such as collaborations,
investments, commercial partnerships, as well as acquisitions where
- Business Operations: Facilitate day-to-day operational business
unit activity and data-driven decision making framework to connect
our customer/ecosystems, product management and technology
functions together to drive positive business outcomes.
- Business Development: Coordinate with regional and corporate
BusDev personnel to ensure strong Business Unit alignment on
strategy, vision and activity to drive sustainable revenue, growth
- Sales Enablement: Represent Business Unit priorities by
providing the Sales and Marketing organizations with the
information, content, training and tools needed for effective
- Pipeline and Forecasting: Oversee maintenance of pipeline data
that represents opportunities as they work through the phases of
Prospecting, Qualification and Pursuit. Reflect this pipeline to a
high confidence forecasting methodology that is used to inform
Finance, Supply Chain and other support organizations.
- Benchmark Coordination: Drive a unified strategy for
performance engineering and benchmarking spanning industry
benchmarks, customer-specific codes and other high visibility
networks, models and frameworks.
- Ecosystems: Drive and coordinate significant
cross-organizational execution on the development and management of
external ecosystems spanning OEM, ODM, SI, ISV and developers.
- Programs Management: Provide leadership, structure and support
for multi-faceted and sometimes loosely-defined projects that
typically arise throughout the course of BU activities.
- Other responsibilities:
- Evolve and create new opportunities while driving existing
initiatives using available technologies including QCOM Snapdragon
and 5G capabilities.
- Participate in the development of new business models,
analyzing new markets and use cases, engaging with ecosystem
players and potential customers/partners, while drawing on
resources within Qualcomm to bring the new business to
- Evaluate and make recommendations on new market opportunities
in the datacenter, edge server and edge gateway space, including
hyperscalers, enterprise OEMs, vertically integrated systems
integrators, resellers, distributors, etc. based on market
attractiveness and Qualcomm fit.
- Develop novel engagement models using Qualcomm technologies and
create financial forecasts for proposed approach. This may include
partnerships, revenue share and/or recurring revenue service plays
based on novel consumption models (e.g., aaS, leasing, etc.), as an
alternative to pure hardware sales.
- Drive the implementation of new business models and
technologies from initial engagement through the lifetime of the
- Promote and create traction for Cloud AI 100 across diverse use
cases by engaging with a cross functional set of partners ranging
from internal constituents, product management, legal, engineering
to external constituents such as Hyperscalers, Enterprises,
government laboratories, Carriers and municipalities including
- Drive Qualcomm's Edge Cloud AI initiatives forward by creating
partnerships as well as investment vehicles to enable full stack
solutions in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep
Learning use cases.
- Lead the annual strategic planning process for the Edge Cloud
AI BU, and work directly with BU GM to create long term plans and
execution strategies in all of the above areas.--
- Generate business cases around new investments and go-to-market
in partnership with BU and finance teams.
- Seek out and structure creative business deals that allow for
net commercial value to the BU in new revenues and
- Working with the Legal, Contracts, Engineering and business
support teams to ensure that the necessary in-sourcing and
out-bound licensing and SOW agreements and processes are in place
to efficiently work with partners, customers and suppliers.
- Build effective team relationships globally to carry out and
support the strategic plan.
- Identify and work closely with the BU and supporting
engagements with top customers and key executives.
- Work closely with internal executives and stakeholders to
facilitate and gain support for long term plans based on Edge Cloud
AI achievement of business, financial goals and milestones.
- Drive new business incubation and planning in partnership with
Auto and IoT BU leadership, establish plans for scaling and
hand-off to the BU.
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex
and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with
differing knowledge levels. Role will require strong negotiation
and influence, communication to large groups or high-level
- Provide overall leadership for business development, strategy,
planning and execution for Edge Cloud AI adoption and go to market
- Understand the customers and partners businesses, strategies
and objectives while ensuring alignment with Qualcomm's business
objectives and requirements.
- Assist in building credibility with industry analysts,
influencers and partners by articulating Qualcomm's value
proposition and positioning Qualcomm as the provider of choice in
the Edge Cloud AI space.
- Have in-depth expertise and robust experience in building
business cases for previously unidentified business opportunities
and influencing strategic business partners to define and deploy
technology-based solutions.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer
Science, Business or other STEM fields.
- 10+ years Business Development, Sales, Product Management or
related work experience.
- Candidate will have had responsibility for financial and
operational execution for new technology in the greater IT
- Over 2 years of experience with AI/ML/DL strategy, ecosystem
evolution and go to market and deployment.
- Customer engagement experience at senior leadership level
throughout product conceptualization, commercialization, product
development and deployment.
- Ecosystem development in engaging a broad and deep ecosystem of
hardware and software partners.
- Track record of creating partnership deal structures on behalf
of a products or services organization.
- Annual strategic plan development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability in addition
to creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating
effectively with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and
- Self-starter with the ability to build a network within the
organization and to manage deadlines / priorities with limited
- Ability to travel as necessary. Applicants: If you are an
individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the
application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number
found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable
accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with
disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm
is also committed to making our workplace accessible for
individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity
employer and supports workforce diversity. To all Staffing and
Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals
seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and
individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to
use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and
any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does
not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees
or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any
fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications. EEO Employer:
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected
classification. Posted 25 Days Ago Full time 3009739 About Us Our
Work Experience is the combination of everything that's unique
about us: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our
commitment to sustainability, our recognition programs, but most
importantly, it's our people. Our employees are self-disciplined,
hard working, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful. They make
choices according to what is best for the team, they live for
opportunities to collaborate and make a difference, and they make
us the #1 Top Workplace in the area. Employment Notices for
US-based Job Postings We have received reports of employment scams
that seek financial or personal information from job candidates.
Please note these communications are fraudulent. Click here to view
our Employment Fraud Alert.
Keywords: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies GmbH, San Diego , Edge Cloud AI Business, Operations and Ecosystems Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!