Manager, Vaccines R&D
Company: Emergent BioSolutions Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 22, 2021
By clicking the Accept button, you agree to us doing so.
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership
about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized
by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will
join passionate professionals who advance their scientific,
technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to
protect life. Position Summary The Manager position assumes a
leadership role supporting the Molecular Biology team as well as
the other R&D teams to achieve company pipeline objectives.
Dedicated to the development, qualification, validation, and
execution of pre-clinical and clinical biological assays for the
testing of nonclinical and clinical samples. Supports other VAX BU
projects as needed. Works closely with and reports to the Director
of Molecular Biology. Manages and develops direct reports who work
primarily in the lab. Collaborates effectively with external
collaborators and contract research organizations. Essential
Functions Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Manage, train, mentor, and supervise a team of research
scientists and associates.
- Work with a high degree of independence to lead R&D
projects and contribute to project planning
- Contribute to the design and development of new pipeline
vaccines; perform proof-of-concept studies related to the
development of new technologies.
- Develop, optimize, qualify, and/or validate immunoassays or
other assays to support clinical trials and pre-clinical
- Participate on cross-functional project teams and coordinate
intradepartmental research efforts
- Write and review technical reports, research protocols, SOPs,
grant proposals IND sections and scientific manuscripts for
- Analyze data and interprets results. Present and discuss
results of experiments with the department and project teams.
- Maintain high level of scientific expertise through familiarity
with current scientific literature Minimum Education, Experience
- PhD in virology or a related scientific discipline with minimum
of 4 years of industry experience in vaccine/drug development in an
industry research environment.
- MS with 8 years of experience in vaccine/drug development in an
industry research environment.
- BS with 10 years of relevant experience in vaccine/drug
development in an industry research environment.
- Able to effectively lead and develop a team of
- Expertise in virology, immunology, and vaccinology.
- Technical expertise in virus purification and virus
- Technical expertise in immunological assays such as ELISA, Flow
cytometry, western blot, immunofluorescence.
- Technical expertise in molecular biology techniques and reverse
engineering of viruses.
- Knowledge and experience with operating in regulated GCLP
- Excellent understanding of scientific methods and statistical
- Ability to analyze complex data and reach valid scientific
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills
- Capable of searching scientific literature to gain information
about specific topics.
- Plan project tasks effectively, prioritize, keep to timeline,
- Ability to prepare and present research results to medium and
large groups both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to think independently, contribute and
collaborate with cross functional project teams, troubleshoot
effectively, and solve complex technical issues
- Flexible and cooperative spirit with strong commitment to team
- Highly self-motivated, with excellent organizational skills and
critical-thinking skills-- There are physical/mental demands and
work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual
to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This
information is available upon request from the candidate.--
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform all essential functions.
-- Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex
or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental
disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information
or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
-- Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for
activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent
BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information
-- Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or
candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on
Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or
candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions'
approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent
BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent
BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the
submitting agency. ABOUT EMERGENT Protecting and Enhancing 1
billion lives by 2030 focuses our energy to improve the quality of
life for individuals around the world, giving them the opportunity
to experience the fullness of life. Our drive towards this vision
informs all of our actions-whether it is our approach to product
development, manufacturing, encouraging employee health and
wellness or giving back to the community-we strive every day to
achieve this shared goal. WE BELIEVE IN OUR VALUES
- Stand shoulder to shoulder no matter what
- We combine our best thinking and communicate openly to support
- Break through thinking
- We take smart risks, pursue innovation and challenge ourselves
to constantly improve.
- Own it always
- Every person at Emergent is engaged and accountable for
delivering on our commitments.
- Compete where it counts
- We set the right goals and respect each other as we conquer
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions Inc, San Diego , Manager, Vaccines R&D, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!