Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
Company: General Atomics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Supplier Quality Assurance Manager San Diego, California Apply
Now Share this job
- Facebook (Opens in New Window)
- Twitter (Opens in New Window)
- LinkedIn (Opens in New Window)
- Email (Opens in New Window) Date posted 01/27/2021 Job ID
30882BR Company General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Experience
Level Management Job Title Supplier Quality Assurance Manager City
San Diego State California Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Salary
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supplier Quality Assurance
Manager to join our team here in San Diego.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and personnel to
ensure proper supplier identification, approval, part/assembly
placement, oversight, and rating of all suppliers.
- Identify and mitigate potential risk regarding Procured
- Partner with procurement, manufacturing, engineering and
program departments to resolve supplier quality issues.
- Participates in innovative and practical solutions to complex
technical and quality problems. Work closely with Procurement and
Supplier base on preventative action to ensure the receipt of
- Responsible for procured product acceptance though source and
- Evaluates, plans, and leads the Supplier Quality work, approves
project corrective action commitments, and follows up to assure
- Leads the development and maintenance of supplier quality
- Coordinate periodic supplier performance reviews and mange
supplier audit program.
- Interface with ASI customers as required.
- Establish/Improve Supplier Quality program and transition from
Design or Manufacturing to Supplier processes.
- Leads ASI counterfeit parts compliance program
- Develop, implement and maintain supplier quality performance
- Ensure efficient department performance and budget
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering
or a related technical field as well as thirteen or more years of
progressively complex QA experience with at least seven of those
years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent
experience in lieu of education.
- At least 10 years of direct Supply Chain Quality management
experience. Must have Global Supply Chain experience.
- ASQ certification desirable, Supply Chain background in
Aerospace and Defense is required
- Must be experienced in development and implementation of
Quality Supply Chain programs and processes
- US Citizenship Required
- Experience in design review and change incorporation is a
- Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive working knowledge and
understanding of QA principles, concepts, theories, DoD regulations
and practices; extensive knowledge of AS9100 or similar quality
system; and leadership skills including organizing, planning,
scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex technical and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately
document, report and present findings.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all
levels of employees, management and outside representatives.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team
environment, and be able to work extended hours and travel as
required. Travel Percentage Required 25% - 50% Relocation
Assistance Provided No US Citizenship Required? Yes Clearance
Required? No Apply Now "Working in Research and Development means
every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to
test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never
boring." "I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to
the defense of our country." - Micah, Mechanical Engineer "I work
in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our
efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by
proactively leading and informing the company of all these
decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and
new designs." General Atomics is committed to hiring and retaining
a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry,
gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, transitioning status,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic
information, military and veteran status, marital status, medical
condition, mental disability, physical disability, or any other
basis protected by local, state, or federal law. EEO is the law. We
also prohibit compensation discrimination under all applicable
laws. To learn more click here . U.S. Citizenship is required for
certain positions. We endeavor to make the online job application
process accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability
that impacts your ability to complete the job application process
and would like to request assistance or a reasonable accommodation,
please contact (858) 455-4545, or click here . This contact
information is for accommodation requests only, not to inquire
about the status of applications. If you experience issues with the
career site or would like to provide feedback, contact us at:
Keywords: General Atomics, San Diego , Supplier Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!