Payroll Manager- San Diego, CA
Company: Kura Oncology, Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company
discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the
treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company's diverse
pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling
pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale
to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to
benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology's approach to drug
development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into
life-saving medicines. Kura Oncology was founded in 2014 and has
offices in La Jolla, California, and Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform and coordinate all facets of semi-monthly payroll
processing employees in multiple states using ADP Workforce,
including multi-state, new hires, terminations, ESPP, option
exercises and LOA.
- Interpret company pay policies, e.g. PTO, LOA, disability,
government regulations, withholding exemptions.
- Act as first point-of contact for employees with payroll
related questions and/or concerns.
- Proactively identify and resolve payroll discrepancies and
determine most appropriate method of communication to
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times related
to compensation information.
- Manages 3 rd party payroll-related vendor relationships.
- Prepare payroll journal entries and reconciliation.
- Process 401k and safe harbor contributions through Fidelity and
prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly journal entries and reconciliations
for ESPP, 401k, PTO, and bonus accounts.
- Oversee and manage company's payroll state tax registration,
including registrations in new states.
- Review and reconcile quarterly and annual, federal, and state,
payroll tax returns.
- Review and distribute annual W-2s.
- Provide documentation for payroll, 401k, and benefit
- Maintain payroll files and records in accordance with company
and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, including but not limited to
accrued R&D contracts, accrued clinical trial expenses. JOB
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or other related discipline,
or the equivalent knowledge and experience; a professional
certification in Accounting is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant accounting experience,
preferably in a combination of the following: Accounts Payable,
general accounting, contract accruals, and accounting for clinical
- Experience working in publicly traded company and life science
- Strong understanding of Federal and multi-state wage and hour
regulations and payroll tax filing procedures.
- Payroll subject matter expertise to advise the company,
including knowledge of best practices.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal control principles for a
- SOX compliance experience preferred.
- ERP experience required; experience with ADP WFN, Microsoft
Great Plains/Dynamics, Management Reporter and Coupa, Concur
Expense and Invoice preferred.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate
to advanced Excel skills.
- Detail-oriented with good analytical skills;
- Strong time management skills and ability to independently
organize multiple tasks of varying priorities and meet critical
deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the
ability to interface with various levels of co-workers, upper
management, and external customers while maintaining a high degree
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to assist
other team members to achieve team goals and objectives. Kura
Oncology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive
and comprehensive employee benefits package. To apply, please
submit your resume email@example.com Share on:
Keywords: Kura Oncology, Inc, San Diego , Payroll Manager- San Diego, CA, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!