Principal Engineer/Manager- San Diego, CA
Company: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies GmbH
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Job Area:Engineering Group,
Engineering Group > ASICS Engineering Job Overview: Qualcomm is
a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid
acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will
transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is
just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills,
backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into
world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age
- and this is where you come in. Lead a team of HW engineers to
design and develop motherboards/add in cards/modules for Qualcomm
new ASIC. Primary responsibilities include leading the team and
working with cross functional teams (mechanical, thermal, SI, PTE,
regulatory, validation, manufacturing, etc.) for execution of
projects from concept to production.
- Work with internal teams and ODMs to develop and support
- Co-develop functional specifications for systems, cards and/or
- Support architecture and card designs including accelerator
SOC, memory, I/O, power, electrical/mechanical and PCB
- Assist bring up and debug of hardware systems and cards
- Technical oversight of factory/manufacturing
- Assist writing SOWs and ODM product requirements. Drive
technical milestones. Review schematics, PCB layouts, component
selections, mechanical design, thermal design, software support,
test plans. Resolve architecture or design issues. Work across time
zones to keep teams synchronized. Drive ODM aspects from card
design to volume manufacturing delivery.
- Coordination across multiple development sites is required.
This includes QUALCOMM sites as well as ODM/JDMs, both domestic
(Taiwan) and international. Travel to other development and
customer sites is also required.
- Able to bring consensus to technical tradeoff decisions at the
hardware, software and chip design levels. Able to influence and
bring technical recommendations or requirements across teams in
other disciplines and geographic locations.
- Coordinating and performing technical training for ODMs.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related
- 8+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
- 15+ years of system/card development experience.
- Knowledge of PCIe card, motherboard, daughtercard, and
backplane signal and power delivery, chassis design and thermal
management. Solid understanding of system software operation from
lowest level boot to OS and application layers.
- Experience qualifying power management ICs (PMICs), voltage
regulator (VR) components, clock buffers, flash memory, connectors
and incorporating into complex card designs.
- Experience in systems/card/sub-systems design and validation of
motherboard, daughtercard, backplane, connectors, cables and
components. Experience in dense high layer count designs, 8-20+
- Experience with PCIe add in card/module design and debugging of
cards in high performance systems (x86, Power and ARM).
- Experience in bringing up PCIe card design using JTAG
- Knowledge in high speed (6-10+ Gbps) serial IO design, signal
integrity, PCI-E Gen3/4, LPDDR4x/5x, DDR4/5. Physical design of
systems with long (0.35-1.0 meter) PCB or cable topologies. Up to
date with current standards body requirements. Understanding of
link, transport, transaction and command levels for PCIe, with
ability to debug at packet/protocol level.
- Experience with LPDDR4x memory technologies, design, layout,
validation of large DIMM configurations.
- Experience in clock distribution, power distribution, SMBus,
PMBus, SPI, PWM/Tach, BMC.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools such as
Cadence Allegro or Mentor Expedition
- Work with ODM supplier to complete the schematic and layout
design for assigned platform
- Review ODM schematics and layout and ensure compliance to
Qualcomm design guidelines
- Experience with regulatory, environmental and compliance
- Experience with circuit simulation tools (SPICE), and Signal
/Power Integrity concerns and analysis.
- Experience with lab equipment and debug tools: high speed
oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, JTAG, SMBus and Serial port
- Experience working with ODM on joint designs.
- Experience with BMC hardware/software
- Good understanding of the x86 FW/SW stack
- Good understanding of FW architecture Bachelor/ Master degree
of Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering/ Computer
Engineering Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability
and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process,
please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance.
Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to
support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the
hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace
accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal
opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. To all
Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for
individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting
agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not
authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or
resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from
agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm
employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
resumes/applications. EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal
opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected
classification. Posted 3 Days Ago Full time 3010333 About Us Our
Work Experience is the combination of everything that's unique
about us: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our
commitment to sustainability, our recognition programs, but most
importantly, it's our people. Our employees are self-disciplined,
hard working, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful. They make
choices according to what is best for the team, they live for
opportunities to collaborate and make a difference, and they make
us the #1 Top Workplace in the area. Employment Notices for
US-based Job Postings We have received reports of employment scams
that seek financial or personal information from job candidates.
Please note these communications are fraudulent. Click here to view
our Employment Fraud Alert.
Keywords: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies GmbH, San Diego , Principal Engineer/Manager- San Diego, CA, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!