Technical Project Manager
Company: Calsoft Labs
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Title: Sr. Program ManagerLocation: San Diego CA 92127Duration:
7 Months Long term contract Sr. Technical Program Manager, Global
Service OperationsDescriptionClient is looking for a Senior
Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join a growing team in the
Global Service Operations UK organization. The mission of this
group is to provide 24/7 operational support of the client Network
Platform and to manage all inbound project and support requests to
the team while working with internal and external teams to drive
issues to resolution within defined SLAs.This position will be
responsible for initiating projects and programs, creating
schedules and milestone, making adjustments and successfully
delivering the projects. The TPM acts as engineering and operations
guru, projects advocate, serves as an expediter, ensuring that all
engineering projects remain on schedule.
- Plan and coordinate project schedules, goals and milestones and
make project assignments.
- Monitor the project and estimate the probability that it will
complete successfully on or before the deadline.
- Identify anything that increases or reduces the probability of
successful completion prior to deadline.
- Make sure that your management knows whether the project will
complete on deadline.
- Work with engineers to get status updates on projects, discuss
and document risks and dependencies, and update the schedule.
- Send schedule updates to the Sponsor with a list of
assumptions, risks, and dependencies.
- Assist engineers with the customer's Project Management
- Review draft documentation and ensure it contains all required
- Coordinate documentation with the engineering team and assign
- Work with engineers and the customer to adjust schedule
baseline or project scope. Update documentation based on customer
requirements and decisions. Ensure all directives from the customer
- Work comfortably with undefined scope, projects ambiguity, lack
of direction and supervision.
- Attend engineering meetings as needed and provide updates
vertically and horizontally.
- Identify and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues;
lead, facilitate or participate in prompt resolution.
- Understand and take responsibilities for all operational
workflows and standard operating procedures, down to a granular,
- Create/maintain comprehensive process and procedural
- Interface with international client groups and external parties
to provide support.
- Fulfill business support service requests.
- Provide operation support for special projects.
- Act as SME and single point of contact in UK and EU
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in a
- 5+ years of program management experience in the technology or
other highly-technical industries industry, either in corporate IT,
professional services or product development.
- Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications,
scope technical requirements, manage multiple software development
and operations engineering efforts, drive rigorous testing, and
coordinate product launch.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional,
cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans,
secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking
- Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex
problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical
- Experience with technology development and integration in
- Working knowledge of networking, systems architecture and
- Effective project/program management skills, leading and
implementing high-impact projects with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of ITIL principles and processes.
- Self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
- MS degree in computer science and/or 10+ years relevant work
experience, including in a high-volume or critical production
service environment as well as experience leading short
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of
ownership, urgency and drive.
- Good understanding of software development processes.
- Understanding of PCI DSS Environments and Security.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation
- Experience with agile/iterative development and program
management methodologies - provided by Dice
Keywords: Calsoft Labs, San Diego , Technical Project Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!