Associate Manager, Consumer and Marketplace Insights
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Associate Manager, Consumer and Marketplace Insights Infantino,
a leading infant toy and juvenile products manufacturer is
searching for an exceptional market research professional who is
passionate about helping achieve the company mission of delivering
smartly-designed products for happy parenting. The Associate
Manager, Consumer and Marketplace Insights will provide leadership
in conducting and analyzing consumer, retailer and industry
research, as well as performance marketing analytics, to help
business teams and leadership make informed decisions to deliver
against critical business objectives. The role will be responsible
for providing strategic insights to support cross-functional team
leaders on long-term and immediate business decisions for the
Infantino brand of products, by partnering with Marketing, Product
Development and Sales. This highly analytical role is critical to
informing strategic category/channel marketing planning, product
development and advertising investment decisions and will be
expected to gather, interpret and distill data from a variety of
sources into clear and concise recommendations. Key
- Develop and deliver a view of macro-trends, market trends with
underlying drivers, and customer and competitive dynamics with
implications for Infantino's strategic planning process.--
- Responsible for independently prioritizing multiple assignments
and meeting deadlines. In addition, decisions and recommendations
based on analysis may have an instantaneous and far reaching impact
that can affect profit, margin, and ROI.--
- Able to connect the dots to build integrated, inspiring, and
insightful category growth stories to inform business decisions.
Offer foresight rather than just insight, helping to shape the
future through strategic thought leadership.
- Incorporate data from multiple sources to deliver viable
product, advertising and sales strategies; develop monthly,
quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Responsible for analysis of retail, category and competitor
performance trends data using sources like NPD, IRI and Vendor
Central and some custom studies. Additionally responsible for
uncovering insights across paid and earned media executions to
inform social and search strategies.
- Seek out relevant approaches to address business questions,
leading to improved research tools, methods and processes while
staying within business budget requirements.
- Own and manage a shared research calendar that clearly outlines
objective, strategy and required stimuli to ensure on-time insights
- Manage, engage and evolve domestic, owned-consumer database
resource for appropriate research initiatives ensuring business
abides by best-practice standards
- Support build of annual budget based on priority initiatives
from discussions with Marketing, Sales and Product teams and within
scope of overall funding allocations. Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus on Marketing, Business,
Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other applicable quantitative
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Performance Marketing
Insights and Retailer Insights, ideally within the CPG or Retail
- Experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods required, combination of
physical and digital retail preferred. Experience with juvenile/toy
Industry products will be a plus.
- Experience using a wide range of both qualitative and
quantitative research approaches.--
- Extensive experience utilizing POS and syndicated data (e.g.
Retail Link, Vendor Central, IRI, NPD).
- Experience analyzing social media performance insights and
- Thorough understanding and comprehensive experience with
related statistical techniques and ability to explain results in a
clear and useful manner.
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional team leadership skills as
well as excellent oral and written communication skills.--
- Highly capable in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint), Google
Docs, and data visualization/database tools (Tableau, Qlikview,
Keywords: Lever, San Diego , Associate Manager, Consumer and Marketplace Insights, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!