SVP, Chief Information Officer
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 22, 2021
USE Credit Union - About - Careers - SVP, Chief Information
Officer in San Diego, California - Careers at Corporate Office Skip
to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable
cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features
of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome
page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! SVP, Chief
Information Officer Job Locations US-CA-San Diego Job ID 2020-1377
Category Information Technology Type Regular Full-Time Overview Are
you Service-Driven and Innovative? USE's Information Technology
team is the perfect place for you! As SVP, Cheif Information
Officer, you'll have the chance to lead our team of innovators,
technologists, and developers towards creating solutions. Become
part of a team that is key in developing, implementing and
operating information technology systems that ensures USECU has
robust cybersecurity infrastructure to minimize risk to the
institution. Do you have what it takes? Responsibilities Strategy &
- Participates in strategic and operational governance processes
of the organization as a member of the executive team.
- Monitors emerging trends in the financial services industry and
adjacent industries and identifies potential innovative solutions
and services for members and business intelligence tools.
- Understands the strategic direction of the Credit Union by
partnering with functional business leaders to ensure alignment of
our IT strategic roadmap with the growth needs of the business
- Works closely with the President/CEO; develops strategic plans,
reviews reports; organizes plans and makes recommendations for
major information technology projects involving functional changes
within the Credit Union and budgets.
- Formally submits information technology recommendations,
assists in hardware and software selection, reviews vendor
agreements and conducts contract negotiations, etc.; may serve on
other committees as required.
- Keeps current with trends and issues in the IT industry,
including current technologies and prices. Advises, counsels, and
educates executives and management on their strategic, competitive
or financial impact.
- Promotes and oversees strategic relationships between IT
external entities, including vendors, and partner
- Leads IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business
goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and
coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current
and future IT systems across the organization.
- Acts as an advocate for the organization's IT vision via
regular written and in person communications with the
organization's executives, department heads and end users.
- Identifies opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective
investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources,
including staffing, sourcing, purchasing and in-house development.
Business Continuity & Cybersecurity
- Participates in the governance and operational processes
surrounding the organization's information and cyber security.
- Directs development and execution of an enterprise-wide
disaster recovery and Business Continuity Planning.
- Assesses, monitors and communicates risks associated with IT
- Ensures IT system operations adhere to applicable laws and
- Establishes lines of control for current and proposed
information systems. Planning & Execution
- Develops, tracks, and controls the information technology
annual operating and capital budgets.
- Partners, collaborates and consults with stakeholders to define
systems requirement for new business unit technology
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses
for IT investments, and initiatives. Measures return on investment
to ensure achievement of defined outcomes.
- Defines and communicates plans, policies, and standards for the
organization for selecting, acquiring, implementing, and operating
- Instills a culture of service and responsiveness by ensuring
continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service
level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems
- Approves, prioritizes, and controls projects and the project
portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition,
development, and installation of major information systems.
- Reviews hardware and software acquisition and maintenance
contracts and pursues master agreements to capitalize on economies
of scale. People & Organizational Management
- Extensive leadership and management skills are required with a
focus on creating a high performing team.
- Model USE Credit Union's cultural values, leadership
competencies, providing guidance and motivating others to work well
together in accomplishing the team's purpose and objectives.
- Develop a culture that promotes high engagement for all
- Ensure goals are well understood, creating a collaborative
environment, building confidence & trust, and creating cooperation
amongst team members in achieving goals.
- Select and retain talent with skills, abilities and behaviors
that focus on results while cultivating the Credit Union's
- Improve and reinforce performance in others and develop talent
for critical positions and/or future leadership roles.
- Manages directly two or more management positions and at least
10 indirect reports plus vendor partners. Qualifications
- Four-year university degree in the field of computer science or
- Master's degree in one of these fields preferred with extended
strategic leadership experience in IT.
- Ten years of experience managing and/or directing an IT
- Fifteen years of current experience working in the IT
- Extensive experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms,
enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics,
features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business
requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they
relate to IT.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to present ideas in
business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles,
practices, and procedures.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional service orientation. University and State Employees
Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. Options Apply for this job
online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, San Diego , SVP, Chief Information Officer, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!