Chief Information Officer
Company: Robbins Research International
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 24, 2021
ARE YOU IN THE TOP 2% OF MISSION-DRIVEN TECHNOLOGY LEADERS?
The #1 personal development and peak performance strategy company
in the world is looking for a world-class Chief Information Officer
(CIO) to join our leadership team. As an accomplished information
technology professional and expert, you will help to drive
innovation and systems excellence within our organization.
The CIO will oversee, manage and own major outcomes for the
company's technology team while adapting to the rapidly changing
digital environment. This role will be a part of the strategic
leadership team that drives strategy and innovation and will be
responsible for comprehensive strategic and long-term planning to
include IT goals, objectives, and operational needs.
DNA OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You possess strong leadership skills and have the natural the
ability to influence and engage other key stakeholders
- You lead with strong people management skills and have proven
technology and marketing chops backed by real experience
- You maintain a mindset of possibility, and are able to provide
balance and priority among competing initiatives
- You see yourself as a true enabler of innovation through the
effective delivery of outcomes
- You are hyper-focused on providing world-class, customer
To achieve success in this role, you will remove friction from
operational systems and manage yearly budget around IT operations
(services, helpdesk, hosting, etc...) and build an analytics
platform to assess the performance of operational systems in
reaching company KPIs. You will create a strong partnership with
the Chief Marketing Officer and Director of Operations, providing
collaborative insights into the strategic direction of our digital
and live events and related offerings. We are actively evolving our
offerings to strengthen and deepen our client relationships through
greater use of modern technology and systems in order to reduce
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chief Information Officer is responsible for overseeing the
overall IT framework and systems while providing strategic
technological advice to the broader team. This role will lead the
decisions, selection, delivery and training of services and system
solutions that support both our internal and external
The CIO will
- Be responsible for shaping RRI's target and future systems
architecture and work with the C-Suite to define the strategy and
year on year roadmaps.
- Provide thought-leadership and make key contributions to the
formulation of our business strategies.
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance and support (24x7) of
core systems and payments processing infrastructure and all other
- Delivery critical infrastructure and modern technology projects
including cloud and API enabled services.
- Proactively advise the team on the emerging technologies and
digital trends that are most relevant to our goals and evolving
- Help determine capital investment parameters, priorities and
risks for IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Review, recommend, and oversee all vendors and managed service
agreements for development, IT services, and equipment. Act as
liaison and primary relationship contact and escalation point
between hardware and software vendors and management.
- Maintain all IT policies, procedures, portfolio management,
development standards and methodologies.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and
- Manage and review team performance including reviews, goal
setting and completion of performance evaluations and development
- Evolve the IT vision, strategy, and a roadmap, and lead the IT
team and its business partners in effective management and
- Build strong relationships across the organization, and develop
a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and
- Successful relationship with external vendors and
- Implement the most appropriate and effective IT organizational
design that supports the existing business outcomes and effective
change initiatives for the future.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of
the computing infrastructure that supports our operations and
- Manage and support a 24/7 client response architecture and
- Direct implementation and execution of upgrades/system releases
via well-defined plans, deadlines, and accountability.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that
commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and
- Manage and evolve a comprehensive information security program
to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of
- Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide
disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Responsible for oversight of procuring, installing, and
maintaining all computer hardware and software and all other
products and supplies necessary to keep computer systems operable
and to fulfil management's requests for computer support.
- Support the vetting and implementation of new marketing
technology solutions that support our virtual offerings and
Essential Skill Sets
- Extensive experience as a CIO or senior role with a focus on
supporting and serving marketing technology outcomes
- Familiarity of Regulatory standards and obligations, in
security and data management.
- The development of strategy and concepts for presentation and
delivery to executive leadership.
- Conceptual understanding of Salesforce, Infusionsoft, Data
- Experience in Leading and support of a 24/7 style service
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer
Science or related field. Advanced training, education, or
- Experience with systems administration, business intelligence,
project management, security, cloud-based solutions, budgeting, and
training highly valued.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for
supervising staff and communicating with top management.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and
- Intensive fact-finding and investigation required to solve
major, complex problems. Requires extensive creativity and
Desirable Skill Sets
- Experience with the payment platforms.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Direct experience in engaging with and presenting solutions to
- Effective implementation of marketing tech stack.
- Project management skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in business, computer science, data science or a related
field; MBA is highly desirable
- 5 - 10+ years of senior executive experience at CTO level
- 10+ years of experience as a technology leader and managing
cross-functional teams and technology resources
- 10+ years experience managing an information systems department
in a medium sized firm. Experience in an executive level or
equivalent IT position preferred.
- Must have a proven track record of transforming strategy into
an actionable plan that delivers measurable business result
- Strong personal presence, self-confidence, enrollment abilities
and infectious sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to lead and communicate with people all at
levels of the organization.
Keywords: Robbins Research International, San Diego , Chief Information Officer, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!