Director of Construction Project Management, Global Facilities (Remote)
Company: Dexcom Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Director of Construction Project Management, Global Facilities
(Remote) ID: 36708 Job Description About Dexcom: Dexcom, Inc.
empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative--
continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) -- systems. Headquartered in
San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes
care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers,
and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management
around the world. Summary: Dexcom's Global Facilities Engineering
organization is developing our project management discipline and
seeking individuals with a strong foundational knowledge in
managing facilities related technical projects understanding
regulatory compliance and operations and maintenance practices
relative to manufacturing in the life sciences industry (preferably
from experience with Medical Devices).
To be successful in this role one must be highly organized and
capable of setting strategy for global facilities related program
and project management support to achieve business requirements
aligned with long range production and personnel projections.
Candidates must be able to express experience managing large,
complex capital improvement projects and regional project
portfolios with little to no managerial guidance in a life sciences
industry. Effective communication coupled with strong customer
service focus is critical. In this role, you will evaluate and
incorporate the needs and vision of various stakeholders into a
solution to meet business needs. You will own responsibility for
projects and programs from concept through closeout.
-- Functional Description: Management Manages people who lead
cross-functional teams that are focused on the delivery of a
product or computer-based system from research and development to
release for customers. Develops, defines and executes project
plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables. Identifies needed
resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
Monitors the product/program/project from initiation through
delivery, interfacing with external customers or field-based
employees on technical matters, as needed. Assigns and monitors
work of project/program management staff, providing technical
support and direction. This position is most common in a matrix
type organization and has overall product/program/project
management responsibility, i.e. coordinating efforts leading to
product release. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to
ensure the efficient operation of the function. Essential Duties
- Responsible for leading the delivery of construction projects
within Dexcom's global facility portfolio.
- Leads the development of the Global Facility Project Delivery
function and Global Construction Project Controls function.
- Develops compelling business cases and solutions to complex,
fast moving challenges.
- Identifies, recruits & leads teams of project support
- Develops, implements & upholds effective project & construction
management standards to facilitate safe & timely delivery of the
major capital project portfolio.
- Identifies & implements regional relationships with strategic
partners to facilitate project delivery.
- Oversees all capital project plans, designs, estimates &
schedules & for securing budgets to deliver the same.
- Contribute to the development of strategic Facility Master
Plans to facilitate capital planning requirements.
- Keeps pace with regional Design & Construction industry trends
to identify opportunities & implications for the Dexcom
- Interfaces with all other corporate functions & Dexcom
Leadership representing Facilities capital projects.
- Mentor and role model for developing project management and
- Plan and Coordinate all aspects of construction processes.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain
permits and licenses.
- Ability to manage projects of complex HVAC design and
installation of classified clean room environments.
- Ability to provide regular project updates, reports, and
presentations. Required Qualifications:
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills.
- Experience in managing scope, schedule and budget of large
- Ability to work independently in high pressure, fast moving
- Creative & results focused with a proven track record of
implementing solutions for complex business challenges.
- Ability to demonstrate balance between collaborative,
team-oriented development and executing on commitments.
- 13+ years' experience as a leader in the Facilities Project
- 10+ years' experience working in the Life Sciences industry
under regulatory compliance requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in affiliated discipline in Engineering,
Design, Project / Construction Management or similar discipline.
- PMP or Prince 2 certification desirable but not mandatory
- Experience with Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- 0 - 50% Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree with 15+ years of
- 9+ years of successful management experience in relevant
industry. Functional/Business Knowledge:
- Viewed as a subject matter expert within specific area.
- Reviews objectives to determine success of operation. Involved
in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect
immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Understands relevant business strategies and impact on the
functional area. Scope:
- Participates in establishing strategic plans and
- Provides high-level guidance and support to employees and other
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or external parties on
matters effecting the function.
- Oversees policies and procedures for immediate function.
- Recognized as a functional leader within the organization.
- Works on abstract issues where analysis of situations or data
requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques
and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall
success of functional or company operations. Management:
- Able to operate in complex global environment.
- Manages the activities of a functional area and/or external
- People management responsibilities include hiring /
terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching and
compensation decisions. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If
you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a
reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection
process, please contact Talent Acquisition
firstname.lastname@example.org .-- To all Staffing and Recruiting
Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at
Dexcom. Only authorized--staffing and recruiting agencies may use
this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on
specific requisitions.--Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes
or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the
Talent Acquisition team,--Dexcom employees or any other company
location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to
unsolicited resumes/applications. Get Matched Upload Your Resume To
See How Well You Match To This Job. Match Unknown Other Similar
Jobs Facilities & EHS Director, APAC Facilities Penang, Malaysia
Facilities & EHS Sr Manager Technical Program Mgmt Research &
Development Staff Technical Program Manager - Global Analytics
Program Management Manager Technical Program Mgmt Program
Management Sr Technical Project Manager Research & Development
Facilities & EHS EHS Specialist Facilities & EHS EHS Safety Process
Engineer 1 Facilities & EHS Recommended Videos for you Dexcom -
Learn More About Us - YouTube Working at Dexcom - Dexcom Careers -
YouTube What does it mean to be a Dexcom Warrior? - YouTube Why
Apple And Google Are Working On Diabetes Tech - YouTube Warrior
Mashup video - YouTube Dexcom Warrior & Olympic Skier Kris Freeman
Shares his Personal Diabetes Story - YouTube Dexcom empowers people
to take control of diabetes. We focus on enabling better outcomes
for patients, caregivers and clinicians by delivering solutions
that are best in class-defined as being dependable, simple and
essential to taking control of diabetes. We are committed to
revolutionizing diabetes care by seeking out and solving the needs
of our employees, collaborators and community. Listen Comprehend
the needs of people affected by diabetes. Serve with integrity Act
in the best interest of our community. Think big Use technology to
revolutionize diabetes care. Inspire confidence within our
community and in one another. Jordan Morris The Dexcom Continuous
glucose monitoring (CGM) System helps Jordan eliminate surprise
highs or lows when he's about to go out on the field.
Keywords: Dexcom Inc., San Diego , Director of Construction Project Management, Global Facilities (Remote), Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!