Manager, Cost Accounting
Company: Sorrento Therapeutics Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage,
antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new
therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly
curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to
fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology
platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies
("G-MAB--- library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies
("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"),
antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic
virus ("Sephrevir--"). We attract smart people who play well with
others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and
large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at
any stage of your career. If you're a quick learner, enjoy working
in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing
ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients,
Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you! WHAT WE ARE LOOKING
FOR: Sorrento Therapeutics ("Sorrento") is seeking an experienced
Manager, Cost Accounting who will support the company in production
costing of launched and pipeline commercial products, lab services
and R&D Materials. The position will also support strategic
decision making on pricing, manufacturing, and supply chain for
existing and pipeline products. WHAT YOU'LL DO: The Company is
preparing for large scale manufacturing needs. A successful
candidate will work cross-functionally to understand the various
costs associated with manufacturing the multiple product candidates
in the pipeline. This is an exciting opportunity to design,
develop, and implement a suite of best practice cost accounting
processes and procedures which will be utilized through the
commercialization of several product candidates. As products are
brought to market, responsibilities will include:
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various
financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and
expense information as needed for decision making support.
- Set up new raw material, packaging, WIP, and FG items; create
and maintain production BOMs; maintain periodic cost
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing
methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports
comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Develop and maintain costing models for provision of lab
- Records cost information for use in controlling
- Prepare estimates of new and proposed product or services
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and
production components in NetSuite.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with
manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal
audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures,
including system requirements and internal controls.
- Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve
operations, reduce costs, etc. EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required
- 7+ years' experience in general accounting or cost
- Familiarity with the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is
- Prior experience with NetSuite is a plus YOUR REWARD:
- Support scientists who are on the leading edge of
immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.--
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your
attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental,
vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, company paid
holidays, and Flexible PTO, plus stock options. If this sounds like
the right career to fit your personality and interests, please
apply, we're looking forward to meeting you!-- Principals only.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.-- Sorrento
Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Sorrento Therapeutics Inc., San Diego , Manager, Cost Accounting, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!