Director, Channel Marketing
Company: ICW Group Insurance Companies
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 8, 2021
ICW Group is currently on a high growth path and looking to add
a Director, Channel Marketing to our dynamic team in San Diego,
California. This is an excellent opportunity with an organization
that is recognized nationally as an insurance leader. The purpose
of this job is to significantly drive the strategic development and
tactical implementation for the company's marketing programs. The
position will interface with internal stakeholders including senior
leadership, product/service departments, and sales in the
development of the overall marketing strategy and priorities for
the business. The position will work within the Enterprise
Marketing Department on product positioning, marketing campaign
strategy and message development. The position exists to manage the
overall marketing planning to increase ICW Group brand awareness,
preference and market share. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads development of overall Channel Marketing strategy and
- Manages the end to end customer journey, leveraging multiple
media channels to influence customer buying behaviors, generate
qualified leads, and ultimately enable profitable sales
- Develops and implements both short-term marketing plans and
long-term strategic alignment with ICW Group's long-range plan.
Instills a performance-driven, commercial orientation into the
- Executes comprehensive go-to-market plans that help achieve
agent and policyholder acquisition and retention goals.
- Uses business intelligence and analytics to create and evaluate
the vitality of the marketing plans.-- Facilitates and drives
relationships with key stakeholders to plan, communicate, and drive
the development and deployment of channel marketing campaigns
- Collaborates with multiple departments to gain high degree of
product and channel insights to develop effective marketing
strategies tied to LOB business goals.
- Gains thorough understanding of competitive carrier
positioning, messaging and product/service offerings through market
- Acts as a conduit between our customers and various
product/service departments (e.g. Work Comp Claims).
- Forges and expands relationships with key customers to
understand how ICW Group can best meet/exceed their needs.
- Liaises with key lines of business departments to help achieve
acquisition and revenue goals.-- Develops communication and
messaging that aligns with organization objectives.--
- Leverages key customer data and insights to elevate ICW Group's
value proposition and helps develop key selling points that drive
ICW Group brand differentiation.
- Works closely with business units to identify and leverage
respective product/service value props in order to drive increased
brand advocacy among our policyholders and our agents/brokers.
- Develops engaging and compelling marketing communication,
creating emotional connections to target consumers; drives critical
new thinking behind vehicle utilization to help further broaden our
media mix in reaching customers in ways they consume content/media
(including digital, social, community, events, PR, DM, SMS
- Develops lead nurturing, lifecycle communication and
- Develops powerful creative briefs that distill business goals
into actionable insights for the creative team that also resonate
with the target audience.
- Works with the Enterprise Marketing team to develop tactical
communications support to a variety of departments, including but
not limited to collateral, email, talking points, presentations,
fact sheets, Web site copy, and more.
- Determines/measures overall cadence of communication for
maximum impact and customer satisfaction across different
geographic and demographic audience segments.
- Acts as a champion of the message and storytelling that will
drive overall differentiation, customer loyalty and interest in our
products and solutions. Provides ROMI optimization and oversight to
achieve revenue and profitability objectives.--
- Develops and manages channel marketing budget.
- Tracks key metrics and success criteria, driving balance of
effectiveness and efficiency of spend for all programs, and making
critical trade-off investment decisions across portfolio as
- Defines ROMI goals and evaluates success using relevant
- Measures overall impact of marketing program on increased
customer satisfaction and loyalty and book of business growth.
- Defines and manages key performance metrics (LTV: CAC,
distribution metrics, attribution, etc.) across campaigns.
- Evaluates, monitors, and measures the impact of the quality and
quantity of inbound/outbound lead generation initiatives.
- Monitors and optimizes campaign effectiveness across
prioritized markets, channels, and stakeholders. Develops data
analytics and insights that drive strategy across existing and
- Draws strategic and tactical campaign insights and objectives
by using reportable data analytics, market, consumer and competitor
research in addition to customer assessments as they relate to
agents and policyholders, enterprise and/or overall campaign
- Leverages market research to keep abreast of competitive and
future market trends and conducts market research as needed.
- Monitors products, marketplace, and competitor trends and
issues via professional publications/databases, conferences, etc.
Anticipates marketplace and competitive issues.
- Utilizes predictive analytical models to capture trends and
relationships to identify target audience. Develops and supervises
- Provides daily direction and guidance to other Enterprise
Marketing professionals. Communicates Mission, Values and other
organization operating principles to direct reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in
partnership with department head AVP, Enterprise Marketing, ensures
performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and
customer experience. Ensures that the entire team is engaged and
that leadership practices and encourages development, recognition
- Establishes and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding and
training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for
the team and performs performance management duties, development
planning and coaching for direct reports.--
- Acts as a resource for the entire Marketing Department to
answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Helps manages team budget, technology and other resources,
workload and other marketing services. Ensures adherence to all
Company policies and procedures and Compliance
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines,
profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members
of the team. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES-- Supervises assigned
employee(s) within Enterprise Marketing team and carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies
and applicable laws. These responsibilities may include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team
members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and
monitoring development plans; setting performance
expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for
peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and
procedures. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-- Bachelor's degree from
four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis
in Marketing, Communications or related field. MBA preferred.
Minimum 10 years of experience in B2B marketing required. Minimum 5
years of experience in a leadership role required. Channel
marketing experience preferred. Experience working with in-house
sales team a plus. Successful track record of marketing strategies
that have reshaped a portfolio, resulting in significant growth in
revenue and consumer base. Experience in leading and managing
large, complex projects. Experience with Data, measurement, and
analytics competency - including CAC and LTV definition,
optimization and multivariate testing program execution, and
marketing attribution model development preferred.-- CERTIFICATES,
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS-- None required. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Strong marketing background. Ability to lead and be strategic, as
well as drive tactics and get work done. Ability to work
collaboratively to create a results-driven, team-oriented
environment. Demonstrated ability to forge highly effective
cross-functional partners. Proven ability to leverage multiple
marketing assets to achieve business goals. Exceptional
ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is -or isn't-working and
modify accordingly. Working knowledge of email automation & web
analytics tools (Pardot, Google Analytics) a plus. Excellent
written and verbal communication skills. Excellent people and
management skills to interact with various cross-functional teams
and customers. Experience putting forth new methods and ideas, and
has a high degree of curiosity relating to marketing. Does not
accept the "status quo"; is a change agent. Excellent communication
skills: conveys ideas effectively to the appropriate people.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including
Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. Detail-oriented, and
able to juggle multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines at once.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Office environment - no specific or unusual
physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly
required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear. COMPETENCIES-- This
position maps to the Director level. Additional competencies
required: None. WORK ENVIRONMENT---- This position operates in an
office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer,
telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
Keywords: ICW Group Insurance Companies, San Diego , Director, Channel Marketing, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!