Business Development Director- Strategic Partnerships-Life S
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 8, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more Business Development Director- Strategic
Partnerships-Life Sciences When you're part of the team at Thermo
Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers
in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making
sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and
you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. How will you
make an impact?
The position will work with VP of Strategy, Portfolio and Business
Development and other cross-functional business partners to drive
the identification, pursuit and acquisition of strategic business
opportunities including commercial and R&D partnerships,
alliances, joint ventures, licensing and acquisitions that support
the business strategy. What will you do?
- Collaborates cross-functionally with team members (Business
GMs, Product Management, Research & Development, Finance, Legal and
others as needed) in technical and business assessment of potential
candidates in support of business opportunities.
- Leads, directs and is responsible for day-to-day management of
deals with potential partners.
- Drives projects through cross-functional teams. Holds team
members accountable for deliverables.
- Responsible for developing the business case and presenting it
to senior management.
- Drives all communications and negotiations with potential
- Provides clear, concise project updates to all levels in the
- Work with internal product development teams to coordinate with
- Interacts with key thought leaders and customers in the
industry to keep up with science and proactively look for potential
opportunities. How will you get here?
- 7+ years experience in Life Sciences in managing Business
Development / Corporate Development deals.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or Business
- Possess a broad business perspective: have in-depth knowledge
of the market, industry and organization, and their impact on work
processes and deliverables.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation)
skills required, proven ability to communicate ideas and
recommendations at all levels in the organization, across
functional and geographic boundaries.
- Highly networked in the Life Sciences market.
- Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical
- Demonstrate high attention to detail, and solid organization,
project management and planning skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% both domestically and
internationally. Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters or PhD degree and/or MBA preferred. To access this job
later or share with a friend, please enter Name and Email Address
below. Your Name Get notified for similar jobs Sign up and receive
similar job alerts to your email Enter Email address Get customized
job recommendations based on your career area of interest. How
would you rate your experience popup Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue
exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to
make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers
are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical
challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or
increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to
support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues
delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies,
purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, San Diego , Business Development Director- Strategic Partnerships-Life S, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!