Facilities Services Manager
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation--
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Exact Sciences values its current relationships with external
recruitment vendors. If you are interested in learning more about
partnering with us as an external recruitment vendor, please
contact our Human Resources Department directly. Neither Exact
Sciences Corporation nor any subsidiary or other related entity
will be liable for any fees for any candidate submitted without a
binding written search agreement. For example, written (including
email) or verbal contacts with any person within or outside of
Exact's Human Resource Department are inadequate, in the absence of
a binding written agreement, to bind either Exact Sciences
Corporation or any subsidiary or related entity to any obligation
to retain the services of, or to pay any fee to, any recruiter.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable
local, state or federal law. The Company's affirmative action
program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection
upon request. If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity
at Exact Sciences, require a reasonable accommodation with the
application process or would like to share feedback about the
recruitment process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at
608-535-8726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Req No. 2021-7631
Category Manufacturing Operations, Facilities & Security Type
Regular Full-Time Summary of Major Responsibilities The Facilities
Service Manager will work closely with the facilities department
and its stakeholders to establish and manage adequate facilities
service to support Exact Sciences' business plans. This role will
maintain relationships with key stakeholders at each of the
facilities soliciting feedback, assessing needs, and managing
requests to completion. The Facilities Services Manager will
provide and direct efficient and effective management of vendors,
contractors, and facilities service staff providing contracted
services at our San Diego, CA location, focusing on cost, quality,
sustainability, and ensuring contract compliance. In addition, this
position will support facilities service leadership in programs and
activities around sustainability, project management, and business
continuity responsibilities. Essential Duties and
- Manage small facilities projects based on stakeholder feedback
or directives from the facilities department.
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders to seek feedback, assess
needs, and manage requests to completion.
- Represent stakeholders in relation to the impact construction
or maintenance projects may have on their daily operations and
mitigate any issues through collaboration with the real estate and
capital projects team.
- Develop, draft, execute, and document management of request for
proposals (RFPs), statement of work (SoW), and contracts for
outside service vendors following company policies and approval
- Efficient and effective management of vendors and contractors;
provide contracted facilities services, participate and manage
periodic audits, and track key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manage continuous improvement of outside service vendors while
ensuring best practices and world-class service.
- Manage facility audits across entire portfolio utilizing
facilities service staff and assist with facility planning to
support business needs.
- Ensure procedures are followed and maintained to provide a safe
and secure working environment for our employees, visitors, and
contractors; maintain compliance with applicable regulatory
- Manage contracts within company database.
- Submit and complete validated work using the eQMS.
- Assist in sustainability initiatives to include integration
with outside service providers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform basic facility equipment
repairs and maintenance.
- Support moves and space planning at the request of
- Excellent organizational, project management, and
- Ability to accurately follow procedures with minimal direction
and make decisions with limited information.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to easily
convey concepts and priorities to peers, customers, leadership, and
- Strong documentation, attention-to-detail, and procedure
writing skills suitable for a GMP environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with employees,
customers, and vendors, both in person, via telephone, email, or
- Ability to coordinate work with and across multiple teams.
- Ability to use data analytics to drive business decisions and
influence other stakeholders and leadership.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations after hours,
weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 10% of a
typical working day.
- Vision abilities to include close vision, color vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical
working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 80% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
equipment requirements and to work with hazardous or flammable
materials in safe and compliant way.--
- Ability and means to travel between local Exact Sciences
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location,
may include overnight/weekend travel. Qualifications Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical
Engineering, or field related to the essential duties of the job;
or High School Diploma/General Education Degree and 4 years of
relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- 10+ years of related experience overseeing management of
- 5+ years of experience leading or directing people and/or
- 5+ years of experience with facilities tools, such as Visio,
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend blueprints.
- Professional working knowledge interfacing with various
regulatory agencies and auditors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Agile, Conga, and Teams.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving
violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license
revocation or suspension issues.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation. -- Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting minor equipment
- 3+ years of experience or professional working knowledge of a
GMP, ISO 13485, FDA, and/or USDA environment.
- FMP, SFP, CFM, or similar certification(s). #LI-MW1 We are an
equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
and any other status protected by applicable local, state or
federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative
action program are available to any applicant or employee for
inspection upon request. Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation--, San Diego , Facilities Services Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!