Facility Operations Manager
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in
careers that grow with you.
Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a
place for you at Sherwin-
Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your
curiosity and drive us forward.
We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to
show us what you can do.
You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive
and Let Your Colors
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all
characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply,
including individuals with
disabilities and Protected Veterans. USA.18.C.BW The purpose of
this position is to contribute to the Region(s) performance and
sales growth by providing day-to -day operational support and
assistance to the Facility Manager in running a facility. Through
direct supervision of facility staff the Operations Manager helps
ensure that service level performance, production, quality
standards and financial goals are being met or exceeded.
- Developing and implementing facility market plan based on
market conditions, facility mission and financial/budget
- Conduct periodic market research studies to assist in
developing marketing plans and strategies for the facility
- Ensure wholesale customers are serviced appropriately to meet
- Partner and support sales rep selling activities
- Handle customer complaints
- Ensure all transactions are handled properly through the
computer operating system
- Ensure all customer orders are accurately prepared and records
- Ensure orders are delivered to customers in a timely
- Manage the merchandising of the Facility according to district
or company guidelines, including monthly promotional package, sales
floor displays, etc; maintain facility inventory levels to maximize
sales and inventory turns
- Maintain facility inventory levels to maximize sales and
- Conduct physical inventory
- Ensure that the facility is properly equipped and maintained to
support the marketing plan,
- Ensure safety, loss prevention and security practices are
followed according to policy and correct or report
- Ensure policies and procedures for handling hazardous material,
as outlined in the Work Safe Manual, are implemented appropriately
and reported promptly as required
- Perform/direct accounts payable process and preparation of
necessary documents and checks
- Respond to customer questions and complaints concerning their
- Perform/direct the accounts receivable function including daily
bank deposits within established standards for bad debt, past due,
DSO and over-limits
- Perform/direct credit investigations and analysis on new and
existing accounts, including contacting outside sources for
- Implement and maintain a systematic follow-up program of phone
calls and visits for delinquent accounts, work with manager and
sales reps to sell customers that present special credit problems
and manage the accounts to ensure compliance with the program
- Determining staffing needs by recruiting store employees
accordingly with proper approval, and establish work schedules as
- Ensure that store staff performs at a level appropriate to meet
store objectives by clearly communicating assignments and
- Manage the facility within the guidelines of ISO 9002
requirements which includes by reviewing quality systems;
conducting quality audits and maintaining and reviewing quality
control records and reports. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license; appropriate insurance as
defined by Corporate Policy must be obtained by employee if usage
of the employee's personal vehicle is required.
- Must be able to operate a hand truck/and or material handling
equipment in Facilities that have such equipment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment
without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and lift and
carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via
- Employee is required to tint paint and therefore, must be able
to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be
able to wear a respirator as required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in business-related field preferred. Some
sales experience in coatings or related field is preferred
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified
candidates will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
based on race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status,
disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital
status or any other consideration
prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and
services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected
Keywords: Sherwin-Williams, San Diego , Facility Operations Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!