Company: Pierce Education Properties LP
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 10, 2021
-- BLVD63 Executive Director - Pierce Education Properties,
- Our Team
- Management Services
- Student Housing Portfolio
- Real Estate Development
- Contact Us APPLY BLVD63 - San Diego, CAJob Description Title
Reports to :--Regional DirectorJob SummaryResponsible for the
overall management and maintenance of a student housing community,
including, but not limited to personnel management, strategic
planning, financial management, risk management and outstanding
customer service and resident retention programs. The Executive
Director will be responsible for overseeing the leasing,
operations, marketing, maintenance, and financial performance of
the asset. Candidate must have an in-depth understanding of
operating a property in accordance with company polities and
procedures to achieve financial and operational goals, and must
demonstrate strong multitasking, communication, organizational, and
leadership skills.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage quality on-site staff through implementation of
effective recruitment, training, coaching and development
- Promote and teach safe work practices among on-site staff and
ensure all safety programs are implemented and followed.
- Participate in Company training classes and meetings as
- Conduct effective weekly team meetings.
- Perform and document employee evaluations including, but not
limited to, performance reviews and corrective action reviews, and
- Prepare and ensure staffing schedules are consistent with
- Provide training and motivation to all staff and ensure group
training sessions are conducted as needed.
- Ensure timely completion of all salary, bonus, and compensation
paperwork, in addition to adherence to company standards for
payroll and overtime calculations.
- Effectively understand and operate the Company's various
software programs and ensure staff is properly trained in the
respective programs for their positions.
- Adhere to Company's policies and procedures.
- Direct a successful Turn process.Financial Management
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the
implementation of effective cost control and revenue improvement
programs; identify trends and recommend appropriate strategies and
- Develop yearly operating budgets/forecasts. Accurately prepare
and convey all operational and financial data to the Regional
Manager in a timely manner.
- Effectively monitor all income, including delinquencies.
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent
collections and ensure landlord/resident statutes are followed
- Analyze and evaluate monthly financial statements. Write clear
and concise variance reports to substantiate the analysis.
- Direct efforts to ensure all purchasing guidelines are
followed, including timely entry of invoices.Strategic Leasing
- Direct leasing team to achieve the highest standards regarding
shopping report scores
- Implement and monitor effective lease renewal programs.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and
competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market
conditions and trends. Ensure leasing staff develops similar
- Effectively show, lease, and move in prospective
- Direct efforts to implement sales and marketing plans, which
effectively maximize rental income and budgeted occupancy.
- Establish and implement renewal and leasing goals.
- Evaluate and recommend changes on rent/pricing strategies and
ensure websites and printed material are accurate and
- Manage an excellent customer service program by adhering to the
- Manage resident retention and service request follow-up
- Monitor an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Monitor service request turnaround and ensure the
responsiveness of the maintenance staff.
- Ensure written and verbal communication to internal and
external customers is professional and timely.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all
customersAdministration & Risk Management
- Accurately complete required reports as outlined in the
Company's policies and procedures, as well as, additional reports
requested by owner and/or supervisor(s).
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the property are, at all
times, fully functional and maintained in an attractive
- Responsible for approving projects through outside
- Perform apartment inspections monthly. as well as. prior to
move in and at move out.
- Manage property risk effectively by communicating incidents and
- Maintain accurate resident and vendor files and ensure that
employee files are accurate and complete before sending to
- Responsible for the general upkeep and cleaning of office,
clubhouse, and buildings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor--Education and
- A minimum of three to five years multi-family property
management experience highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to perform basic data manipulation and intermediate
mathematical functions in order to make data-driven business
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications
skills as well as strong leadership skills.
- Ability to understand and perform all on-site software
- Entrata experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word; Property
management software.--Working--Conditions and Physical
RequirementsExposure to adverse and varying weather conditions
which may include extreme hot/cold temperatures, rain, wind, and/or
snow, depending on geographical location. Fast-paced environment
requiring irregular and long hours. Exposure to odors/fumes, noise,
and vibration. Must be in physical condition to sit for extended
periods, bend, reach, climb stairs, and grasp. Must be able to work
a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and
holidays.Must be able to repetitively lift, push, pull & carry up
to 15lbs, frequently up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 75
lbs.Position requires ability to work any of the seven days of the
week and overtime hours when requested. Travel may be required as
necessary to attend training and other Company functions.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Core Competencies Pierce
Education Properties is looking for talented, driven, and ambitious
individuals inspired to continually challenge and grow themselves
as well as their colleagues and customers.We value--Customer
Service; a strong dedication to the customer experience, attention
and sensitivity when presented with difficult or emotional
situations, and promptness and professionalism in all customer
interactions.We prize--Interpersonal Skills;--the ability to
resolve problems/conflicts with ease and secure a positive,
mutually beneficial outcome by listening attentively and
maintaining a collected and professional persona.We
find--Communication--imperative to a successful team; clear,
persuasive communication in any circumstance, clarity and
promptness in oral and written response, and especially a
dedication to proactive transmission of needs and important updates
to colleagues and customers.We insist upon strong--Diversity--and
Inclusion;--a clear and refined respect and sensitivity for
cultural differences, welcoming acceptance of all customers and
colleagues regardless of background, and strong dedication to a
harassment-free environment at all times.We encourage--Growth; a
desire and willingness to always be learning new skills, growing
personally and professionally, and encouraging the same in
colleagues and customers.We require--Ethics and Accountability--in
all things; dedication to your commitments and the organization's
best interest, ability and willingness to accept responsibility for
mistakes, respectful treatment of all customers and colleagues, and
consistency of work.Benefits
- Company Observed Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K MatchCome join our team! We offer a comprehensive and
generous benefits package that includes: Competitive base pay,
Medical, Dental, Vision, GT Life Insurance, PTO, 401(k) with
employer match, and much more.Please note our screening
requirements before applying: All applicants must provide
documentation proving that they are eligible to work in the United
States and provide reference and background checks. apply now
Pierce Education Properties, L.P.
8880 Rio San Diego Drive, Suite 750, San Diego, CA 92108
Keywords: Pierce Education Properties LP, San Diego , Executive Director, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!