Business Development Manager, Alpha - $200,000/year USD
Company: Crossover for Work
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Are you an excellent salesperson who wants to put your time and
effort toward selling something that will make a huge difference in
people's lives? Do you love the idea of opening parents' minds to a
radical, new type of school that's fit for today's world?
Alpha is a private K-12 school in the heart of Austin, TX, unlike
any other. There are no teachers lecturing at the front of the
room. There are no traditional grades. There are no assigned seats.
All the old, bad ways of running a school have been rejected, and
in their place are three fulfilled promises to families:
- Students will love school. Kids would rather be at school than
- Students will learn two times faster than in a traditional
school. Using adaptive software, students can advance in their
strongest subjects far beyond what a traditional school would
- Students will learn life skills. By participating in
thoughtfully designed and energetically delivered workshops, kids
learn how to be successful in the modern world.
As Alpha prepares to open new campuses in Dallas, Houston, San
Antonio and Brownsville, we're looking for outstanding salespeople
to sell enrollments. If you have experience meeting a sales quota,
are incredible at networking and get excited about the idea of
changing children's lives, read on.
What You Will Be Doing
In this role, you will join a passionate team that's
revolutionizing education, and be matched with one of the new Alpha
campus cities and fill that school with students. Using Alpha's
playbook, you will infiltrate the community and build great
relationships with dozens of fascinating families, and deliver
pitches that are informative, inspiring, and persuasive. The events
that you run will be lively, fun and buzzed about online.
Ultimately, you will close dozens of deals.
What You Won't Be Doing
- You will NOT be a passive order taker sitting in an admissions
office waiting for the phone to ring. You will be aggressive and on
the go all the time.
- You will NOT waste time pushing Alpha on families who aren't
excited about Alpha's vision. A good no is as valuable as a good
Business Development Manager Key Responsibilities
Alpha knows what to do to fill its schools with kids, as evidenced
by two thriving Austin-based campuses. You will bring the "how" --
the energy, finesse and strategic networking instincts to execute a
playbook that includes:
- Conducting weekly small group family events
- Meeting with families
- Networking into local parent groups
- Building relationships with top company recruiters, HR
departments, realtors and feeder schools
- Knowing the local social media chatter
- Knowing how Alpha compares to local programs, its pluses and
- Creating referrals from committed and existing Alpha
If you can do all this, you're halfway there. But the most
important responsibility you will have is to close the sale. You
will have a quota to fulfill, and should be comfortable with
- Willingness to work in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or
Brownsville five days a week
- Demonstrated experience meeting a sales quota; you must be able
to demonstrate your high standards and what it takes to sell
- A college degree
- Ability to legally work in the United States
- A name-brand alma mater or other credentials that demonstrate
- Experience specifically selling new, interesting products or
services that require you to educate as well as persuade
- Ability to acclimate to a new city or audience quickly
Want to build better schools? Join the thriving community of Alpha.
Alpha is a K-12 school in the heart of Austin, TX committed to
redefining the way kids go to school. Change starts with our three
promises to parents:
- Students love school.
- Students learn two times faster than in a traditional
- Students learn life skills.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is
limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and
want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced,
online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online
"screening" assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related
skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists
who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or
company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from
Crossover.com, mark as "Not Spam" since you will receive other
emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on
the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as
your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you
have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting if you
already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply. Crossover Job Code:
Keywords: Crossover for Work, San Diego , Business Development Manager, Alpha - $200,000/year USD, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!