Company: McKean Defense Group
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 10, 2021
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering,
Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business
headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean's engineers, developers,
technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers
identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate
information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop
strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean's employees create
strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission
support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is
employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential
candidates, including those who have served our Military.
Currently, 38% of McKean's employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is seeking a Program Manager to support--an Littoral Combat
Ship (LCS) project. As an LCS Program Manager/Production Manager,
you will be responsible for the execution of the program in support
of San Diego based LCS platforms. The following tasks are
representative of those that the contractor will produce and are
considered most critical to successful completion of this task.
These support requirements include but are not limited to:
- Execute overall--program duties. The onsite project primary
point-of-contact. Manages all aspects of assigned ship
maintenance.--Responsible for meeting contract requirements.
- Plans, estimates, negotiates, staffs, manages work execution,
and reconciles final billings on assigned projects.
- Execute advance planning and the planning process using all
data available to develop accurate, integrated PMS plans and
schedules for the maintenance of LCS Navy vessels in accordance
with NAVSEA specifications.
- Coordinate the issuance of WAFs and tag outs and sequential
restoration of HM&E and combat systems equipment with WAF/Tag
- Plan and coordinate tasks for McKean employees and other
subcontractors tasked in performance of maintenance.
- Plans, coordinates and directs production activities for
assigned projects. Through subordinate supervision, assures
appropriate daily project staffing.
- Ensure that all administrative activities meet all deadlines,
reviewing and submitting all Condition Found reports for accuracy
- Assign contract items including scheduling, operations budget,
material tracking, enforcement of OSHA, Safety, Quality, and
Environmental policies and coordinate production workforce
- Work closely with government and ships force managers to ensure
proper implementation of schedules. Required Skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active DoD Secret Security
clearance and be capable of obtaining a Common Access Card
- Bachelor's degree plus ten years of experience with Navy
Maintenance OR Associates degree plus fifteen years of experience
with Navy Maintenance.
- Four years of experience managing, directing and supervising a
work force of skilled technical personnel in the performance of
repair and maintenance functions.
- Experience during ship maintenance availabilities with Work
Authorization Forms and Tag Outs
- Experience conducting Diagnostic, Corrective and Preventive
Maintenance Service (PMS) on HM&E systems machinery and
- Experience with LCS HM&E (LCS experience can be from time
as LCS crew member or government civilian/ship repair contractor
performing maintenance on LCS platforms)
- Experience with Tag Out User's Manual
- Knowledgeable of Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM).
- U.S. Navy technician skills and training
- Navy experience to include experience as a 3M Coordinator,
Department Manager, and/or mix of Navy background with experience
managing US Navy ship maintenance availabilities especially with
- U.S. Navy LCS Class mechanical/electrical/electronic shipboard
experience Equal Opportunity
disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Keywords: McKean Defense Group, San Diego , Program Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!