Business Development Director, Cell and Gene Therapy
Company: Next City
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Business Development Director, Cell and Gene Therapy Director
Business Development, Cell and Gene Therapy Business Unit When you
re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in
achieving your career goals. As part of the Cell and Gene Therapy
(CGT) Business Unit, you will be enabling our customers develop and
manufacture critical therapies. This is a rapidly evolving market
segment, with projected growth at a 40%+ CAGR over the next 5
years. How will you make an impact?
The successful candidate will be part of a high energy, inspired
leadership team, working with the VP/ GM of Cell and Gene Therapy,
VP of Strategy, Portfolio and Business Development, and other
cross-functional business partners to drive the identification,
pursuit and acquisition of strategic business opportunities
including commercial and R&D partnerships, alliances, joint
ventures, licensing and acquisitions that support the business
strategy. What will you do?
- Collaborates cross-divisionally and cross-functionally with
team members (Business GMs, Product Management, Program Management,
Research & Development, Finance, Legal and others as needed) in
technical and business assessment of potential candidates in
support of business opportunities.
- Leads, directs and is responsible for day-to-day management of
deals with potential partners.
- Drives project execution through cross-functional teams. Holds
team members accountable for deliverables.
- Responsible for developing the strategy and business case and
presenting it to senior management.
- Drives all communications and negotiations with potential
- Provides clear, concise project updates to all levels in the
- Works with internal product development teams to coordinate
with external partners.
- Interacts with industry thought leaders, both internally and
externally, to stay abreast of key trends in science, business, and
including competitor portfolios; proactively look for opportunities
that would be accretive to the Cell and Gene Therapy business. How
will you get here?
- 7+ years experience in Life Sciences in managing Business
Development / Corporate Development deals.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Life Sciences, and Business
- Comfortable in working in a highly matrixed work environment
and dealing with ambiguity; Excellent decision making discipline to
move strategy to action
- Possess a broad business perspective: In-depth knowledge of the
cell and gene therapy market and industry; Forward thinking view on
emerging technologies; Global perspectives and insights
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation)
skills required, proven ability to communicate ideas and
recommendations at all levels in the organization, across
functional and geographic boundaries
- Highly networked in the Life Sciences market
- Thrives and champions a diverse and inclusive culture
- Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical
- Demonstrate high attention to detail, and solid organization,
project management and planning skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% both domestically and
internationally Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters or PhD degree and/or MBA preferred.
Keywords: Next City, San Diego , Business Development Director, Cell and Gene Therapy, Executive , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!