Production Planning & Scheduling Manager 1
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Requisition ID: R10009102
- Category: Manufacturing and Production
- Location: San Diego - CA, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems in San Diego, CA has an opening for
a Manager 1- Production Planning Scheduling to support our Space
Components group. Accountable for all aspects of Production
Planning for a Value Stream at Northrop Grumman Space Systems
Division in the San Diego facility. Active involvement in both the
leadership and daily operations is required to achieve site goals
and objectives. Responsible for continuous improvement and adhering
to departmental policies and procedures.Vision / Leadership
- Communicate, manage and achieve site strategic and tactical
goals for Production Planning.
- Provide cross-functional leadership by facilitating
collaboration between departments to find real time solutions to
internal constraints and/or external customer issues.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork and
disciplined root cause problem solving.
- Intense focus and ownership of employee development, including
recognition and discipline.Execution
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding the safety, quality,
delivery, employee and cost expectations of internal and external
- Lead team in their preparation, release, execution and
close-out of all Manufacturing Work Instructions and Manufacturing
Orders. This includes managing and resolving constraints and
ensuring timely and effective hand-offs through all functional and
process center areas. Manage the planning of raw materials,
semi-finished and finished goods within the Value Stream, focusing
on optimizing inventory levels. Support the site's production
scheduling process to balance and optimize shop floor execution in
support of program schedules and customer deliveries.
- Own, execute and continuously improve Daily Management
processes (Daily Start-Ups, DMR, Gemba & Ready Work) within Value
Stream. Review daily/weekly/monthly trend metrics, analyze
performance/productivity issues and implement countermeasures and
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities across product value
streams and process centers by collaborating with Master Scheduling
and Production Planning Value Stream Manager's, including other
downstream internal customers to ensure priority alignment. Follow
escalation protocol to communicate/escalate key issues related to
safety, quality, delivery, employee and cost upward to site
leadership and downward into the organization.
- Collect, analyze and report metrics / key performance
indicators (first pass yield, queue times, etc.) and then take
appropriate action to mitigate risks and improve team
- Ensure financial operating integrity by supporting financial
planning, budgeting and forecasting (direct labor yield, overhead
rates, etc.).Talent Management
- Proactively strengthen the Production Planning team through the
performance management process, including individual and group goal
setting, coaching and personnel development.
- Establish and maintain department training requirements and
deploy resources accordingly.
- Proactively mentor key talent to assume increased
responsibilities and ensure succession plans are in place or in
- Advocate a safe, secure and ethical working environment that
maintains compliance with federal, state and local government
regulations in addition to corporate policies.
- Utilize and improve Northrop Grumman's Quality Management
System to achieve compliance and maintain certifications for AS9100
and NADCAP.Skills/Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent & 5+ years of supply chain or
- Demonstration of leadership characteristics required. 3+ years
in a formal or informal leadership position with strong
communication, interpersonal, organizational and decision making
skills is preferred.
- Computer expertise in MS Office tools and MRP/ERP systems
(Costpoint preferred), MES (Solumina preferred) and scheduling
software (Project/Dynafact referred).
- Knowledge of aerospace composite layup, machining, assembly and
testing a plus.US Citizenship RequiredPreferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- CSCP, CPIM, CPSM
Salary Range: 88100 - 132100
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, San Diego , Production Planning & Scheduling Manager 1, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!