Chief Engineer / Director of Engineering - $500 Bonus
Company: Catamaran Resort Hotel &Spa
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
LOCATIONCatamaran Resort Hotel & SpaThe Catamaran Resort Hotel
and Spa is a Polynesian-themed destination located on the shores of
Mission Bay and mere steps from San Diego's famous Pacific Beach.
The resort features 310 rooms and suites, lush tropical gardens,
and award-winning dining at Oceana Coastal Kitchen.The following
position will be filled in accordance with the process set forth in
California Labor Code Section 2810.8 and San Diego Municipal Code
311.0101 et. seq.SUMMARYThe Chief Engineer develops, implements and
manages programs that ensure the proper operation and maintenance
of all physical structures, equipment, vehicles and grounds of an 8
--acre bayside resort hotel, which are in compliance with Company
standards and local, state and national regulations.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the proper overall operation of the Catamaran Resort
Hotel & Spa's physical plant, including the operation and
maintenance of a 12,000 square foot, state-of-the-art, luxury
- Attracts, retains and motivates the staff in the Engineering
- Hires, trains, develops, empowers, coaches and counsels,
conducts performance appraisals, salary reviews, resolves problems,
provides open communication, disciplines and terminates employment,
- Develops, recommends, implements and manages the department's
budget expenditure plan. Forecasts and develops objectives
consistent with maintaining a first-class resort property that
meets the expectations of upper management.
- Develops, implements and oversees all life and safety systems
to OSHA standards.
- Ensures all equipment is maintained, conducts inspections and
practice drills, ensures compliance with all codes and regulations,
trains all Engineering employees and maintains accurate records to
ensure a safe environment, which protects assets, guests and
employees. Ensures that the Engineering team is well trained and
has the proper equipment to safely perform their tasks.
- Develops, implements and manages energy conservation programs
for the property to minimize expenses.
- Coordinates renovation bidding, defines the cost and scope of
the project and oversees the general contractor and subcontractors
to ensure quality work is performed for minimal cost.
- Establishes and maintains contracts with outside maintenance
vendors to include chemical services; trash collection services;
fire protection services; pest control services; and boat refueling
- Ensures the proper operation and maintenance of all Company
- Ensures the proper operation and maintenance of guest swimming
pools and hydrotherapy pools. Ensures compliance with all
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as directed by
the leadership team.QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED or 2-year degree from an accredited
university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality,
Business Administration, or related major.
- At least 5 years of related experience as a Chief Engineer,
preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Requires advanced knowledge of building maintenance and
- Requires management and leadership skills to effectively lead a
team of 16.
- Experience running a department, shift, scheduling, performance
management, problem-solving, running day-to-day operations,
hospitality & customer service skills.
- Previous similar position in a top-quality hotel is
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure
manuals; present information and respond to questions from groups
of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move more then 40 pounds and endure
various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, team-oriented, positive
attitude and a professional appearance at all times.
- Ability to be poised under pressure with continued smiles, and
maintain a highly diplomatic attitude with challenging guests and
under stressful circumstances.ADDITIONAL BONUSES
- $500 Sign-on Bonus
- $100 Gift-Card for employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19
when presenting their vaccine card
- Discounted Hotel Rooms for all employees & friends/family
- Free Employee Parking and/or discounted MTS Transit Pass
- Free Meals during shift meal periods
- Discounts on cell phone bills, shoes, gym memberships, hotel
stays at our sister properties, and more!The Catamaran Resort Hotel
and Spa is owned by Evans Hotels, LLC, a family-owned and operated
business committed to supporting and enhancing employee well-being
through a variety of programs that nurture our staff professionally
and personally. We offer hands-on manager and leadership training,
employee appreciation days, and staff awards and recognition. Our
team is also dedicated to serving our community through initiatives
like company-wide beach clean-ups and volunteer opportunities.Job
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- Signing bonusAbility to commute/relocate:
- San Diego, CA 92109: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Engineering Management: 2 years
- Driver's License (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Catamaran Resort Hotel &Spa, San Diego , Chief Engineer / Director of Engineering - $500 Bonus, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!