Accounting Manager, Real Estate Accounting
Company: Realty Income
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company-- , one of four San
Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing
shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is
structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by
the cash flow from over 10,000--real estate properties owned under
long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial
tenants. To date, our company has declared over 600 consecutive
common stock monthly dividends throughout its 52-year operating
history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty
Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts
individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you
appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards
employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure
Reporting to the VP, Assistant Controller, Real Estate Accounting,
the Manager, Real Estate Accounting is responsible for managing
month-end close and review of--monthly financial reports and
What you'll be working on day to day:
- Manage daily accounting operations for the designated
portfolios/accounting areas, including Spain and Joint
- Supervise month-end close procedures to meet company's
- Review and approve account reconciliations and journal
- Manage internal/external reporting requirements for Joint
Ventures, including review of reporting packages, operating cash
distributions, non-controlling interest calculation and equity
- Analyze completion balance sheet for Spain entity acquisitions,
investigate and reconcile discrepancies.
- Perform accounting research and implement new accounting
procedures. --Financial Statements and Analysis
- Prepare/review Joint Venture financial statements and
disclosures for annual audits.
- Prepare budget vs. actual, actual vs. actual financial variance
schedules and work with Corporate Finance, Property Management and
Finance Operations to provide accurate fluctuation analysis.
- Act as liaison with external auditors for annual Joint Venture
audits. Assist in internal/external audits and analysis of other
property financials, as wells as walk through of internal
- Document accounting procedures and processes. --Other
- Consistently review current processes for improvement.
- Assist in the implementation and testing of new Yardi modules
- Train staff and senior accountants.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities : --
- Clear understanding of US GAAP and Lease accounting.
- Must be organized, detailed, flexible, efficient and take
ownership of own work product.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict
- Strong analytical and oral and written communication
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to supervise and lead others.
- Ability to handle large volume of data. Education and
- 4 year Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university, with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related
- 6+ years of relevant work experience. Public accounting
experience is required.
- Real estate industry experience is highly preferred.
Certificates, licenses or registrations:
- Certified Public Accountant license highly preferred.
Keywords: Realty Income, San Diego , Accounting Manager, Real Estate Accounting, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!