Posted on: January 16, 2022
Manage all associated Inside Plant activities. Manage staff
responsible for the reception, and distribution of off-air,
satellite, microwave, and digital transport programming up to the
outside plant utilizing coaxial cable, microwave, and fiber optic
transmission technologies. This includes the installation,
construction, operation and repair of all equipment associated with
the HE, Hubs and Optical Transport Network (OTN). Provide direction
on day-to-day activities. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage staff responsible for the reception, and distribution of
off-air, satellite, microwave, and digital transport programming up
to the outside plant utilizing coaxial cable, microwave, and fiber
optic transmission technologies.
- Develop an effective Inside Plant Operations team and assist
them with developing their skills and process adherence as to drive
a high performance culture and environment
- Responsible for the hiring, firing, training, development, and
performance management of staff.
- Ensure all cabling, equipment installation, power and cooling
is in compliance with corporate TQA standards
- Ensure field compliance with corporate standards, as well as
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations
- Assist in the budgeting processes.
- Ensure ongoing training for technical personnel
- Establish positive employee relations through effective
communication and ongoing support
- Participate in assembling capital budget needs
- Notify senior management of activities and issues
- Handle and resolve difficult issues
- Set priorities for leads and participate in the review of
performance of staff
- Ensure all required logs, records and other documentation are
in compliance with company and FCC technical requirements
- Manage on-call rotation as necessary
- Perform other duties as requested by managerBASIC / MINIMUM
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years HeadEnd Engineer, cable technician
or Telecom work experience
- Minimum of four (4) years Network Engineering experience
- Minimum of four (4) years Management / supervisory
- Minimum of two (2) years Project Management experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver 's License and safe
driving record.ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- NCTI Master Technician Certification or SCTE, BDS, BTS, BTCS
Certifications, CCNA, CCDA
- Individual has gained pertinent vendor certifications to
bolster his or her effectiveness, such as: HVAC (Liebert, Trane,
etc.), UPS / Inverter Vendor Certifications (Liebert, Alpha, etc.),
Transport Vendor Certifications and Training (Aurora, Cisco, ARRIS,
- Must be able to differentiate between different sizes and
colors of wires and to make cable connections in tight spaces by
bending, reaching, twisting.
- Should be able to read general system layouts from blue prints
and system maps.
- In-depth proficiency of designing, installing and maintaining
critical facility systems and service delivery equipment for all
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electric
- In-depth understanding of and demonstrated ability to teach
advanced video networking, IP networking and DOCSIS.WORK
- Work in a 24x7, fast paced environment
- Work and travel in inclement weather.
- Work performed near power facilities and electricity EIP505-ISP
Keywords: SPECTRUM, San Diego , Manager, ISP, Executive , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!