Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company is looking for a world-class Controller to scale our
accounting function to the next level! We are looking for a
critical thinker who wants to create solutions, not just implement
predefined plans. Our ideal candidate has the interest and accumen
to take a private technology company public, and brings a mix of
private and public company experience.Reporting directly to the
CFO, in this role you will manage all areas of accounting for US
and international subsidiaries, including providing vision for
scalable financial infrastructure, leading the accounting team,
preparing financial and regulatory reporting, and refining internal
controls. The successful candidate will be intellectually curious,
have a healthy blend of self-confidence and humility, and have a
talent for understanding the details alongside the big picture.The
Controller responsibilities include accounting operations,
taxation, internal controls (including SOX 404 preparation), audit,
and stock administration. You will be the primary point of contact
with key vendor partners including external auditors, third-party
tax professionals, and banking partners. In this high-profile role,
you will have the opportunity to interact directly with the Audit
Committee, senior executives, and investors.Duties and
- Plan and direct all operations of the accounting department,
including financial reporting, technical accounting, operational
accounting, A/P, A/R, risk management, internal controls, tax,
treasury, and financial systems.
- Lead the Company's financial close process, including
preparation of financial statements. Evaluate opportunities to
drive greater efficiencies in the monthly and quarterly accounting
- Lead and grow a 10-15 person accounting team toward
public-company readiness by improving processes and controls.
- Act as a coach and advisor to the accounting team by sharing
expertise and managing the team's professional development.
- Act as a strong partner to the CFO by providing accounting
guidance related to newly issued accounting rules and/or new
business transactions and contracts.
- Provide guidance and oversight for the development of
accounting policies, procedures, and controls consistent with US
GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Prepare materials and present at Audit Committee meetings.
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to prepare financial reports
for investors and internal executives.
- Oversee and coordinate the external auditor's annual
- Manage the Company's equity programs, capitalization table,
options ledger and stock/option related matters. Oversee equity
accounting and third-party equity administration.
- Ensure federal, state and local tax compliance, including
managing outside tax advisors.
- Manage investment and banking relationships with third parties,
including cash flow management.
- Collaborate closely with the business systems team to build
automated, scalable, streamlined, and sustainable accounting
systems and processes.What you need:
- 15+ years of public and private industry accounting
- Demonstrated experience leading a diverse team of accounting
- Industry experience in enterprise software with a strong
understanding of revenue accounting
- Bachelor' degree in Accounting
- CPA or equivalent required, with big 4 public accounting
experience strongly preferred
- Strong experience in financial reporting, technical accounting
research, and implementation of business process improvement
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating financial reporting
processes that can collect, segregate, and allocate expenses to
ensure accurate financial results
- A proven track record of process improvement and experience
with financial systems and process change initiatives. Experience
with NetSuite strongly preferred
- Expertise in financial, equity management, and payroll
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with
demonstrated ability to:
- Provide leadership in projects and teams
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathering and
analyzing information skillfully; developing alternative
- Balance team and individual responsibilities
- Delegate work assignments, matching the responsibility to the
person; set expectations and monitor delegated activities
- Manage staff in planning, decision-making, and facilitating
- Make timely decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment;
support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate
people in decision-making process
Keywords: ExecuNet, San Diego , VP Controller, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!