Area VP of Hospice & Palliative Operations - Southern CA
Company: Bridge Home Health and Hospice
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Bridge Home Health and Hospice is a leading post-acute
healthcare provider in California. Our mission is simple,
"Committed to excellence in serving our community." Our goal is to
become the premier provider of post-acute services. We are
currently looking for healthcare and administrative professionals
who share our Mission, Vision, and Values and want to become part
of our growing family. Area VP of Hospice & Palliative Operations -
Southern CA ID 2022-4097 Category Healthcare Practitioners and
Technicians Position Type Regular Full-Time Overview Are you
looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference in our
patient's lives? With over 25 locations and growing, Bridge Home
Health & Hospice's culture of love for our patients and employees
is the top priority. Our commitment to our Core Values allows us to
be the provider and employer of choice. We embrace a diverse
workforce and understand that our employees are key to providing
quality care and our most important resource. Join us today and
grow with us! Responsibilities The AVP is a role that is
responsible for the overall direction of the hospice and palliative
services. The AVP establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and
objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards
of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operational planning and budgeting branches.
2. Ensures organizational compliance with legal, regulatory and
3. Monitors business operations in ensure financial stability and
puts plans in place to assist where there are deficiencies.
4. Evaluates hospice and palliative services and personnel using
measurable outcomes and objectives.
5. Conflict and complaint management and resolution. Works with
local Business Office Manager (BOM) and Bridge Group to help
resolve employee relations matters timely.
6. Establishes and maintains effective, open channels of
communication including integration or technology, as applicable.
Fosters a no-blame culture that encourages reporting of safety and
quality of services issues.
7. Ensures hospice and palliative personnel stay current with
clinical information and practices.
8. Ensures adequate and appropriate staffing. Assists local
Regional Executive Director with staffing ratios to ensure
appropriate levels of staffing.
9. Takes the lead in to help develop and establish a Palliative
Care Program. 10.Staff development including orientation,
in-service, continuing education, competency testing and quality
assessment performance improvement
11. Ensures that consistent interdisciplinary care is provided.
12. Ensures local branches coordinate with senior management as
13. Ensures staff and organization stay current on local and
national hospice and palliative issues and trends through
education, training, and knowledge sharing.
14. Ensures that appropriate service policies and procedures are
developed and implemented to accomplish identified outcomes.
15. Ensures services provided by other agencies are authorized by
hospice and an appropriate contract is in place.
16. Monitors operational progress toward accomplishing strategic
17. Ensures appropriate data collection and regular, complete
reports are received by the VP, Operations.
18. Ensures actional objectives are derived from evaluation of
hospice and palliative services and personnel.
19. Ensures that structures and systems promote interdisciplinary
20. Ensures collaboration with agencies and vendors for effective
management of services.
21. Ensures standards of ethical business and clinical practice are
maintained. Qualifications 1. A Bachelor's Degree in Business
Administration, Master's Degree in health care or related field
preferred. 2. Six (6) to eight (8) years' experience in health care
management required with multiple location oversight. Both hospice
and palliative care management experience preferred. 3.
Demonstrates an ability to supervise and direct professional and
administrative personnel. 4. Has an ability to deal tactfully with
5. Has knowledge of corporate business management.
6. Understands hospice and palliative care and the services
provided to patient and
family/caregiver through an interdisciplinary group.
7. Well versed in Medicare Conditions of Participation (COP) Sorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Bridge Home Health and Hospice, San Diego , Area VP of Hospice & Palliative Operations - Southern CA, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!