Hadoop Big Data Consultant-Solution Manager
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Hadoop Big Data Consultant - Solution Manager
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a
solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a
daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new
ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of
travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center
- we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with
significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more
about our opportunity below ...
- Function as an integrator between business needs and technology
solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients'
- Be responsible for developing and testing solutions that aligns
with clients' systems strategy, requirements, and design as well as
supporting system implementation.
- Manage data pipeline process starting from acquisition to
ingestion, storage, and provisioning of data to point-of-impact by
modernizing and enabling new capabilities.
- Facilitate Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop
environments by assessing client's enterprise IT environments.
- Guide clients to the future IT environment state to support
meeting their long-term business goals.
- Enhance business drivers through enterprise-scale applications
that enable visualization, consumption and monetization of both
structured and unstructured data.
Deloitte Consulting's Analytics & Cognitive offering leverages the
power of analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies to uncover
hidden relationships from vast troves of data, create and manage
large-scale organizational intelligence, and generate insights that
catalyze growth and efficiencies.
- Strong technical expertise in most of the following:
- Hadoop (Cloudera distribution)
- Spark with Scala or Python programming
- Experience in building Microservices using Java
- Hive Tuning, Bucketing, Partitioning, UDF, UDAF
- NOSQL Data Base such as HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra
- Experience and knowledge working in Kafka, Spark streaming,
Sqoop, Oozie, Airflow, Control-M
- Knowledge of working in financial/insurance domain
- 5+ years of experience of professional work experience
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software
- Hands-on programming experience
- 10+ years' experience working with Big Data eco-system
including tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, Sqoop, HBase,
Hive and Impala
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages like
Python or Scala
- Experience on data lakes, datahub implementation
- Knowledge on AWS or Azure platforms
- Knowledgeable in techniques for designing Hadoop-based file
layout optimized to meet business needs
- Able to translate business requirements into logical and
physical file structure design
- Ability to build and test solution in agile delivery
- Ability to articulate reasons behind the design choices being
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS,
or equivalent experience
- Any big data certification is a plus
Must live a commutable distance to one of the following cities:
Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL;
Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Gilbert,
AZ; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Lake Mary, FL;
Los Angeles, CA; Mechanicsburg, PA; Miami, FL; McLean, VA;
Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; Orange County, CA; Philadelphia,
PA; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Rosslyn, VA; Sacramento, CA; St.
Louis, MO; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Tallahassee, FL; Tampa, FL;
or be willing to relocate to one of the following USDC locations:
Gilbert, AZ; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA.
Limited Immigration sponsorship may be available.
Ability to travel up to 15% annually
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping
people at every level of their career to identify and use their
strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level
employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to
learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to
hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development
programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to
continue to grow throughout their career.
Keywords: Deloitte, San Diego , Hadoop Big Data Consultant-Solution Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!