Company: General Atomics
Posted on: May 15, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Working with senior management, this person will lead a team which
is responsible for developing and monitoring functional budgets,
analyzing indirect rate variances, supporting Forward Pricing and
quarterly updates, and assisting management in the timely response
to DCMA and DCAA questions. This individual must be able to work in
a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with the capacity to
provide ad hoc reporting and analysis. The ideal candidate will
possess proven leadership skills with the ability to mentor,
develop and motivate staff, strong communications skills and have
the ability to interact with multiple levels of management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possesses finance experience in the aerospace/defense industry;
has understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and the
Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Coordinates inputs from departmental and indirect function
leads, representing them through the entire budgetary / planning /
execution process and includes their buy-in of the numbers,
resulting in the development of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined precedents and
policies to ensure that financial planning and cost control
activities meet overall objectives.
- Makes internal and external presentations and may represent the
company as the primary financial contact.
- Leads the development of financial models for forecasting,
trending and results analyses.
- Oversees monthly analysis of rate performance, including
expense and base information on a year to date, full year, and year
over year basis.
- Provides variance reporting and analysis to senior
- Possesses a solid understanding of SAP Business Intelligence
reporting and Excel.
- Works with finance staff to respond to inquiries, identify and
correct issues; develop solutions to complex and diverse challenges
concerning a variety of financial data, some of which contain
confidential and sensitive information, which require tact and
discretion in handling; recommend improvements to current
forecasting / budgeting processes.
- Partner with other groups within Finance & Administration and
GA Corporate to provide thorough financial support
- Develops, analyzes and maintains metric reporting for various
- Provide guidance to support staff and less experienced
- Participate in the design of department and operational
procedures to ensure improved efficiency.
- Monitor and review reporting of disclosed practices to ensure
we comply with the requirements.
- Streamlines processes to reduce time dedicated to collecting
and analyzing data.
- Interfaces with DCMA, DCAA and external auditors on a variety
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in accounting, finance,
or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively
complex experience in finance/accounting with at least five of
those years in management. Must have experience in a commercial or
government contractor environment. Equivalent experience may be
substituted in lieu of education.
- An MBA in accounting or finance, CPA or CMA certification,
major accounting firm experience, and/or experience negotiating
accounting issues with government agencies is highly
- Must demonstrate a detailed application of industry and
government finance/accounting management principles and practices
as well as comprehensive finance/accounting leadership skills
including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating
workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to resolve complex management and
finance/accounting problems; serve as spokesperson on projects
and/or programs; and be an expert in one or more finance/accounting
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and
interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to work on a
self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work
extended hours and travel as required.
Keywords: General Atomics, San Diego , Finance Manager, Executive , Ramona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!