Associate Creative Director, Copy - Remote
Company: AMP Agency
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR - COPY
We are looking to hire an inspired Associate Creative Director,
Copy to join our fast-paced, energetic , fully-remote creative
team. Spearheading AMP Agency's integrated approach, this role will
work directly with the Creative Director to ensure the highest
quality work. The ideal candidate will have an impressive portfolio
showing next-level copy skills in work that displays unique and
engaging conceptual thinking, and a deep knowledge of the digital
advertising landscape. This role will require a proven and thorough
experience of brand stewardship and team leadership across
omnichannel creative development, with a heavy emphasis on video,
digital and social conception, planning and production.
In exchange for your efforts, you will get to play a critical role
in a fun-loving but hard-working atmosphere while working on
- Brainstorm and write conceptual directions, both independently
and as part of an integrated team.
- Partner with Art Director to lead video and photo productions
from concept and scripting/storyboarding through both pre- and
- Act as a brand steward throughout the development of campaigns
and other executions, maintaining campaign and brand
- Inspire the team with problem-solving, innovation, and creative
thinking rooted deeply in strategy and an understanding of the
digital advertising landscape at large.
- Develop a variety of creative materials for brand campaigns,
social media efforts, digital activations, and printed materials
for agency clients. In addition, create assets for prospective
client presentations, in-house communications, and anything else
our clients or new business needs demand.
- Lead creative team in new business pitches, sometimes working
with creatives across office locations, with a strategic vision and
organized, thoughtful approach, and presenting final work to
prospective clients with passion and poise.
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Art Directors and
Copywriters to develop concepts, revise, edit, and refine creative
work, and to constantly push the level of creative output.
- Lead group reviews of creative work, adding perspective and
giving direction as needed.
- Lead client and internal creative review meetings,
professionally and enthusiastically presenting the department's
work, persuasively explaining rationale to non-creatives,
collecting and absorbing feedback, and offering solutions in real
- Build and maintain positive relationships with both the client
and internal stakeholders, including account, media, and PM
- Willingness and excitement for getting hands dirty and digging
into the day-to-day work, writing exceptional copy for everything
from scripts to social posts to concept statements.
- Act as a direct manager to multiple team members, as well as a
general creative department team lead.
- Guide the team in the development of skills relevant to their
growth, including team members outside of the copy discipline, from
designers to content creators to videographers.
- Keep current on advertising campaigns, trends, and industry
technology, sharing findings with the department to facilitate new
ways of thinking.
- Expert knowledge of small- to large-scale video and photo
- Expert knowledge of executing both digital advertising and
- Expert understanding of copy best practices for social,
digital, and print (broadcast is a plus)
- Strong understanding of creative/media performance and ability
to translate learnings to guide the team in developing strong
- Strong understanding of brand/identity development; ability to
craft and hone equal parts functional and inspiring voice/tone
guidelines is a must.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication
- Strong team leadership and desire to mentor; management
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and to meet
deadlines on a daily basis in a team-oriented environment
- Requirements: 8-12 years creative agency or in-house
About AMP Agency
AMP Agency is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with
offices in Boston, New York, Seattle and Los Angeles. We're a team
of creative minds, digital strategists, social and behavioral
scientists and media experts that focus on creating contextually
relevant consumer engagements across digital and physical brand
experiences. We employ an "Insights Inspired, Results Driven"
approach to design end-to-end marketing solutions for the brands
with which we partner.
AMP Agency is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. AMP is
an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all
backgrounds and experiences to apply. AMP Agency does not
discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability,
age or other legally protected status. We prohibit harassment of
applicants and employees based on any of these protected
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: AMP Agency, San Diego , Associate Creative Director, Copy - Remote, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!