Senior Director/Director Technical Accounting
Company: Sorrento Therapeutics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: DOE+Benefits+OptionsABOUT US Sorrento
Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage,
antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new
therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly
curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to
fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology
platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies
("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies
("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"),
antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic
virus ("Sephrevir®").We attract smart people who play well with
others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and
large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at
any stage of your career.If you're a quick learner, enjoy working
in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing
ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients,
Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you! WHAT WE ARE LOOKING
FOR: Sorrento Therapeutics ("Sorrento") is seeking an experienced
Director of Technical Accounting.WHAT YOU'LL DO:Responsible for
managing Sorrento's accounting policies, procedures, and positions
on a range of technical accounting topics, including the
implementation and compliance with new accounting standards. This
role will include maintaining an inventory of position papers and
working with the business and accounting team to ensure continued
compliance with accounting policies and includes ensuring changes
to the business that impact our accounting are addressed timely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review accounting policies and procedures that ensure the
highest level of operational efficiency for business units, while
maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US
- Lead development of technical memos for complex accounting
matters (e.g., debt and equity financing, derivatives, business
combinations, revenue recognition of new products, etc.) and
oversee annual goodwill impairment testing.
- Lead and manage the process and communication with external
consultants and auditor on technical accounting matters
- Be the main point of contact in supporting M&A transactions
including due diligence, valuation, and purchase accounting
- Responsible to facilitate the education and training of the
global accounting team and broader finance organization on
technical accounting matters
- Deliver business partnership with multiple international and
domestic executives and their teams within our organization.
- Analysis and solutions for organizational issues
- Builds a strong accounting organization and develops talent
within the team for our long- term success.
- Other duties as assigned.EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting or Finance with an MBA, CPA or
equivalent postgraduate qualification.
- 10+ years of experience at a "Big 4" public accounting firm,
including significant SEC experience with companies with global
operations or equivalent industry experience.
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly
- Strong team leader and developer of talent.
- Self-starter; surfaces and runs after problems.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Strong leadership, decision making and technical skills.
- Excellent analytical capabilities YOUR REWARD: Support
scientists who are on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the
treatment of cancer. Earn a competitive salary that allows you to
focus your attention on your passion.A comprehensive benefits
package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance, matching 401k, 10 paid holidays, and three-weeks' PTO,
plus stock options.If this sounds like the right career to fit your
personality and interests, please apply, we're looking forward to
meeting you! Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this
job poster. Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Sorrento Therapeutics, San Diego , Senior Director/Director Technical Accounting, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!