Company: Hotel Republic San Diego
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Manage catering accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to
solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are
achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new catering sales
accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing
accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in food, beverage and
room rental segments.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue
goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site
inspections and written communication.
- Understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget
process, as well as pace and productivity.
- Understanding of yield management skills and the use of
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to
maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer
- Participate in the research the competition's products, services
and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous,
current and potential clients, including room rental, A/V and other
revenue generation opportunities.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of
long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE,
MPI). Actively participate in community/civic activities to
maintain awareness within community and to create booking
- Knowledge of sales techniques including closing skills as well as
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Some experience utilizing creative skills to provide innovative
set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate
creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on
pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event
execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a
plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation
of operations of catering events sold. Detailed execution of all
banquet event orders generated by the associate.
- Experience providing A/V equipment and operating A/V as a profit
- Effective use and teaching of computers, specifically Delphi,
Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key hotel
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client
satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Prestigious, but not pretentious, Hotel Republic stands out among
downtown San Diego hotels. Appealing to the social discoverer and
the savvy business traveler, Hotel Republic warmly extends to you,
a Southern California welcome. Hotel Republic serves as a vibrant
new social hub with a signature business beat. Hotel Republic is a
bald beacon for trendsetters, food lovers, and well-connected
locals who cultivate network connections and well-earned time to
play. We strive to deliver our guests warm, Southern California
hospitality, where our associates are hired for being individuals,
who have a passion for taking care of our guests. We offer
competitive benefits including health benefits, an employee meal
per shift, discounted parking, incentives, and more. We value U.S.
military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to
Keywords: Hotel Republic San Diego, San Diego , Catering Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!