Rooms Manager in Development
Company: Omni Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: May 16, 2022
La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni
La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa
magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated
take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from
your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and
tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work
environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the
pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for
exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and
empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated
person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your
This position is for someone who wishes to make Hospitality their
career. - The Manager In Development (MID) program is a Management
Training Program directed to entry level candidates with a
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent to develop their management skills
by training them in all aspects of Housekeeping and Rooms Division
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- -To effectively perform job functions of various front office,
ideal services guest services, reservations and housekeeping
positions. To complete MID learning contracts and perform assigned
management functions to aid in management development initiatives.
- Will learn and perform all aspects of Housekeeping and some
Front Office operations.
- Oversees the performance of staff and takes corrective actions
- Scheduling of staff
- Maintains accurate payroll records to ensure staff is paid
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all front desk procedures to
include check-in/check-out, cash handling, parking validation,
folio adjustments, payment procedures, room blocking, AM/PM
- Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes,
understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for
- Be actively engaged with our guests and hotel associates,
demonstrating and rewarding Power of One behaviors.
- Cleaning and inspecting guest rooms
- Laundry services
- Responds to guest requests and complaints as required
- Monitors product inventory and order additional products as
- Ensures that all front office/ housekeeping operations are
performed according to Omni Hotels standards
- Maintain Four Diamond Standards of guest service.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Hospitality
Management or other related field.
- Candidates must be available to relocate after completion of
- Previous Front Office/Housekeeping or Rooms Division experience
- Must be willing to work 50 hours per week.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is strongly preferred.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to manage
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer -
vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are
available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster -and
the following link is the -OFCCP's Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination policy statement -If you are interested in
applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special
assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to
Keywords: Omni Hotels & Resorts, San Diego , Rooms Manager in Development, Executive , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!