Pricing Strategy & Operations Manager- (USA Remote)
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 24, 2022
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a
recognized innovator in the global education space. You'll join our
diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared
desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin
the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational
institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across
all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by
educational institutions and certification and licensing programs
to uphold integrity and increase learning performance, and by
students and professionals to do their best, original work.
This individual will partner closely with leadership across the
product organization in the creation of a cohesive and
operationally sound strategy for how we package customer value into
individual product licenses across the portfolio and how we realize
that value in the form of pricing. You will ensure that our pricing
strategy aligns with the portfolio structure and conduct ongoing
market research and financial analysis to optimize and iterate on
our pricing strategy. Your work will support an evolving and
expanding, global portfolio of products and will respond directly
to market trends. You will help us to simplify and optimize our
existing pricing structure for the products we sell today while
ensuring every future pricing decision is informed by rigorous
analysis and up-to-date market information. You will deeply
understand the markets our products are sold in, staying abreast of
and interpreting the impact of trends and competition on pricing
implications. You will help product leadership to make strategic
decisions about how to expand our portfolio of offerings so that we
can simultaneously satisfy price-sensitive customers and provide
differentiated, premium value to benefit-oriented
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives at the intersection
of product strategy and pricing to identify strategic growth
opportunities within the portfolio, both from new packaging
decisions, amended pricing strategy, or both
- Design sustainable packaging solutions based on customer
insight, sales and usage data collected from existing product
offerings, and financial analysis
- Prepare and prevent compelling presentations of your strategic
recommendations in order to persuade varying audiences and turn
them into reality
- Build ongoing, collaborative relationships across the company
with cross-functional teams in order to understand their needs with
respect to pricing approaches and their operational implications,
leveraging their knowledge of our customers and enabling pricing
decisions that make their jobs easier
- Identify and triage multiple priorities, issues and roadblocks
facing the company using your experience leveraging internal data
and consumer research for business impact.
- Work closely with product managers to inform and support
monetization and packaging strategies for new products, offerings,
and product-led growth initiatives and to ensure the product
supports those structures
- Operationalize and bring consistency to our pricing and
packaging offerings by developing a pricing framework and
implementing that framework in a flexible manner to support market
- Conduct actionable analysis powered by data, trends, and best
practices in order to simplify our packaging strategy
- Promote and persuade stakeholders to adopt pricing and
packaging frameworks and best practices
- Conduct pricing & packaging research & analysis using internal
data, customer insights, and market surveys
- Serve as the primary cross-functional touchpoint for Pricing
strategy across Turnitin's Product, Operations, Engineering,
Alliances, Sales, Finance, and Customer Support teams.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Strategy consulting and/or corporate strategy experience
- Advanced data analysis and financial modeling skills
- Market research experience with pricing and packaging of
acquired products and services
- Experience with business intelligence systems
- Deep understanding of and experience with CRM systems
- Experience both defining and operationalizing pricing
- Demonstrated ability to combine deep data analytics with
qualitative market research and trends to produce revenue forecasts
in the form of financial models
- A track record of collaborating across functions and with
colleagues of all levels, including executives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to create persuasive, evidence-based arguments
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and
meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity
and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at
the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are
constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables
them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin.
It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we
work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower
teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate
effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace
diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it's unrealistic for candidates to
fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply
if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that
skills evolve over time. If you're willing to learn and evolve
alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have
equal access to its programs, facilities and employment.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Turnitin, San Diego , Pricing Strategy & Operations Manager- (USA Remote), Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!