Fund Management Director
Company: SB Energy (SoftBank Group)
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
About SB EnergyDo you want to work with high caliber
professionals in a dynamic and growing company? Are you
entrepreneurial, hard-working, and collegial? Are you committed to
advancing the clean energy revolution? Join us at SB Energy, a
world-leading company backed by SoftBank and Ares pairing
cutting-edge innovation with best-in-class execution. Our Mission
is to provide flexible renewable energy at scale, accelerating the
global energy transition and benefiting our planet, customers,
communities, and people.SB Energy develops, constructs, and owns &
operates some of the largest and most technically advanced
renewable projects across the United States, with Headquarters in
Redwood City, CA. The company was formed in 2015 as a subsidiary of
Japanese multinational conglomerate SoftBank Group Corp. SB Energy
launched its United States platform in 2019 and has quickly become
one of the largest solar and storage developer/IPPs in the U.S.
With almost 1.7 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy projects in
operation and a multi-GW pipeline, SB Energy is building the
renewable energy future - today. SB Energy also utilizes its strong
culture of innovation to identify and incorporate new technology
into our projects, including our AI-based digital platform, to
deliver renewable energy that is local, reliable, and matched to
load.Come join us in accelerating the energy transition to cleaner,
more sustainable sources of power!Basic FunctionThe Fund Management
Director will lead the management of the company's financing
facilities. The successful candidate will ensure timely compliance
with all requirements of the facilities, while building and
maintaining strong relationships with our capital partners. In
additional to normal-course compliance, the Director will work to
obtain flexibility from capital partners as needed for the
business. This person will collaborate across the company,
communicating facility requirements and crafting solutions for
business needs. The Director will be part of the Capital Markets
group, which establishes the facilities, and will report to the VP
of Capital Markets.Responsibilities
- Lead management of financing facilities, which may include
lines of credit, construction loans, tax equity partnerships, term
loans, letters of credit, and surety bonds. Ensure compliance with
all covenants, representations, and warranties.
- Be the main point of contact for capital partners for facility
management, including agency, depositary teams, and other middle-
and back-office teams as necessary. Help build and maintain strong
relationships with capital partners along with the rest of the
Capital Markets group.
- Proactively collaborate with internal teams including
Development, Construction, Asset Management, Accounting, FP&A,
and Legal to communicate constraints of financing facilities and
develop solutions that support the business, including obtaining
consents, waivers, and amendments from capital partners as
necessary. Stay apprised of project developments.
- Provide project operations reporting, financial reporting, and
notices to capital partners. Work with internal groups to ensure
reports are prepared in a timely manner.
- Provide oversight of capital draws and issuance of LCs and
surety bonds, including the tracking of project contingency.
- Make decisions to optimize financing costs including benchmark
rate-setting and interest capitalization.
- Work with our software solution to assist with compliance.
- Further establish and improve processes for Fund
- Provide accurate internal reporting of financing
- Maintain well organized records.
- Create and monitor key project milestones matrix that shows
interrelationship of deadlines among major project contracts and
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, law, or related
- 10+ years of project finance, legal, or related experience;
renewable energy industry or real estate/project development
experience preferred, but not required.
- Self-starter with proven ability to identify needs and drive
- Proficient in working with documentation related to financing
facilities, including interpretation of legal language.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Highly detailed-oriented and organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are
- Experience and expertise with MS Office.Location: San Francisco
Bay Area; San Diego; Denver; Phoenix; Austin; or Remote.Our Health
& Wellness Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance: 100% premium covered by
the company, for employees and dependents---
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off and 11 Paid Company Holidays
- 12 weeks Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) ---- Medical & Dependent;
Commuter FSA with employer contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD), Life Insurance, AD&D and
Voluntary Legal ---Insurance Plan
- Discounted Physical wellness plan & Pet insurance
- Commitment to DEI - choose to participate in our internal 'Just
Keywords: SB Energy (SoftBank Group), San Diego , Fund Management Director, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!