Vice President Of Engineering
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 6, 2022
We are seeking a VP of Engineering to oversee our infrastructure
and engineering team to develop custom services that allow our AI
models to be used in low-latency video gaming applications, in
combination with server-side data processing and a microservices
approach to data sharing. The current team composition includes
Python Engineers, AI/ML Data Science Engineers, React.js Front End
Engineers, and Windows .NET/C# Engineers. Having strong knowledge
in these areas and in particular Python backend engineering is
highly valued for the role.
In the position, you will:
- Grow and lead outstanding engineering teams, operate as an
expert with the ability to guide and inspire the best performance,
innovation and utilization of optimal engineering practices
- Perform code reviews and offer technical guidance, support and
expand the groundwork for engineering and DevOps practices, instill
a metrics and product driven culture
- Represent engineering and collaborate with CxOs on product
vision and requirements
- Translate product requirements into strategic technical
guidance and requirements
- Work with the company's patent attorney to identify and protect
new inventions and processes
- Drive decision-making through uncertainty in a dynamic
- Understand Challenger's strategic priorities and ensure the
engineering team's work is aligned
About UsChallenger is operating at the edge of what is now known to
be possible with computer vision and AI when applied to video
gaming. With that comes a wave of new and exciting challenges and
opportunities. To deliver on that value, you will be tapping into
some of the most advanced technologies, architecting and innovating
where the current solutions simply don't suffice.
At Challenger we believe all gamers should have an opportunity to
enhance their experience with cash contests without radically
changing how/where/when they play. With this belief guiding us,
we've built a first of its kind in-game contest engine that
automatically tracks results for users and provides real-time
notifications for scores. We are building and operating an advanced
software stack of cloud infrastructure, software services, APIs,
web and Windows interfaces, and AI-driven data pipelines to offer a
streamlined way for gamers to compete for cash.
We bring the adrenaline of having something at stake and the thrill
of winning to the AAA gaming titles people love. We're a small team
of passionate technologists and gamers, chasing ambitious goals in
a very fun industry that has not yet realized the potential of cash
gaming. -Our company is young, hungry, and ready to disrupt
traditional tournaments players in the eSports space.
As a leader at Challenger you will shape the direction of the
company and build a product that delivers an experience unlike any
other in the video gaming market. -
About YouYou are energized and motivated by the opportunity to
build cool software. You enjoy seeing your creation come to life
and be used by thousands. You crave tough challenges in a super
technical and collaborative environment that requires creativity
and vision to navigate complex and sometimes ambiguous
You have a passion for leadership and experience overseeing
geo-distributed teams. You're happy in a team-oriented environment
where collaboration between developers and across teams is common;
where giving and receiving of feedback, and constructive debate are
actively encouraged. -
You feel a personal stake in the product you ship; with an
enthusiasm for building great things and a drive to continually
improve, be productive, and be proud of the work you deliver.
If this sounds like you, then join our team and let's create
something game changing!
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, including:
- 5+ years of hands-on software development as an individual
contributor, ideally with Python
- 3+ years of software engineering experience and architecting
highly available, scalable and low latency systems for high traffic
- 2+ years in a leadership/management role with experience
building engineering teams.
- 1+ year(s) of software engineering experience building, and
shipping data science AI enabled products.
- You've created a high-performance, fun environments with
accountability and results, preferably managing several
geo-distributed teams (onshore, nearshore, offshore)
- We are set for rapid growth and are hiring in all engineering
areas. Your proven ability to hire and retain highly talented team
members and to scale up the organization will be a key success
- Extensive experience with software development processes
(building, unit testing, code analysis, release process, and code
- Experience with cloud-native software development, deployment
and operation using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience and confidence diving deep into system architecture,
design, performance metrics, code, test plans, project plans,
deployments and operations.
- Build something cool as part of a seed stage company. Solve
exciting challenges and create opportunities with the latest
technologies and methodologies to build something that will forever
change esports and gaming.
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, vision, dental,
Keywords: Challenger, San Diego , Vice President Of Engineering, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!